Update Galaxy S2 GT i9100 with Jelly Bean based Thebyani Custom ROM
If you own the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 smartphone then you can now update your phone with the latest Jelly Bean 4.1.1 based custom ROM firmware, as those of xda-developers had just made available the Thebyani software. I know that there are many updates leaked for the SGS2 devices, but the present one is coming with many improvements, bug fixes and extra features, so you might want to check it out. You have the installation procedure explained below, along with the Thebyani features list and with the required preparation tasks therefore, if you want to perform this tutorial just read and apply the next lines.
As you can already tell, the Thebyani custom ROM is not offered by Samsung and also there are no words about a possible Jelly Bean 4.1.1 OTA release for your Galaxy S2 GT I9100. So, by flashing this beta update on your phone you will be aware that some operations must first be completed on the same. This because, a custom firmware is working only on a rooted device that has a custom recovery image installed into the system. Therefore, you must have a rooted S2 with CWM recovery installed. If not, you will not be able to apply the steps from below.
If you do choose to root the OS, then you must know that this implies in voiding the warranty. There are many advantages that come with a rooted smartphone, not to mention that the warranty can be previously regained. For that you need to downgrade to the stock ROM, or to update to an official launch of the Android platform. Of course, by doing that the root access will be revoked and the bootloader relocked. Now, after rooting you must get and install accustom recovery image. You can anytime flash CWM recovery as it is the most popular recovery tool used by the Android users.
Now, leaving these let’s say complex operations aside, we must concentrate on other things. And the first to start with is the Jelly Bean based Thebyani update for your Galaxy S2. You should take a look over the image from below, where you can explore its features and capabilities and only then decide whether to apply the tutorial or not. Remember that there are many OS upgrades available for your phone, so it will be a good idea to check the same (by searching through our how to section) before heading to the proper steps.
If you want to install the Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Thebyani Rom on your SGS2, then you must first complete the pre requisites. As promised in the introduction, you have all the preparation tasks displayed here. So, take your time and apply the next lines; then you can safely begin the installation procedure which of course is being detailed during the proper steps.
- Begin with performing a backup. During the flashing process a full wipe of the system must be applied so all the data will be wiped out.
- If your handset has a custom recovery image installed you can start by backing up the current ROM.
- Then, you can download SMS backup and restore apps for saving the text messages.
- Also, you can save the call logs if you download and use suitable backup and restore apps for Android.
- The contacts list can be backed up as soon as you sync with Google.
- You can use a computer or SD card for saving files like images or videos.
- For more backup tips you should search through our previous guides.
- Now, on the computer you will use and on your S2 deactivate the security protection.
- Enable the USb debugging option on your phone.
- Remember to root and install a custom recovery image.
- Charge the battery of your handset or else it might get turned off in the middle of the update.
- Apply the tutorial only if you own the Samsung Galaxy S2 model number GT I9100 and not on similar devices as you can brick them.
How to Update Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with Jelly Bean based Thebyani Custom ROM
- On your computer, go here and download the update file.
- Take the phone USB cable and by using it connect the S2 with the computer.
- Select the downloaded file and then copy – paste it from the PC to your handset; remember where.
- Unplug the USB cord as you can now disconnect the smartphone.
- Turn off the S2.
- Reboot and enter in recovery mode.
- For recovery mode press and hold the Volume Up button and the Home key button while pressing on the Power one.
- Once in recovery, navigate and select the option “wipe data factory reset” and then to “wipe cache partition” (this is why you need to first backup the data).
- Then, return to the main recovery menu (select “+++go back+++”).
- Up next, from the recovery menu select “install zip from sd card” and “choose zip from sd card”.
- Pick the update file from your phone.
- Wait several minutes while the update is being installed.
- In the end, select “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now”.
There you have it; that was all for today as now you know which is the easiest way available for updating the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with the Jelly Bean based Thebyani Custom ROM firmware. Use the comments area from below for sharing your opinions with us and also do tell us if there were problems or issues while trying to apply the steps. For further step by step guides and Android related tips and tricks stay close and check our daily posts.