This is the tutorial that you need to follow in order to complete the installation of this new CM 11 M8 Snapshot on your Galaxy S2 I9100G.
This is the first build based on Android 4.4.4 AOSP KitKat build and it is much more reliable than the CM 11 Nightlies. Also, learn more about this release here and here.
If you want to install this new ROM on your phone, then you should first take a look at the preparation info below:
- use this post only with the Samsung Galaxy S2 model number I9100G.
– do not install this ROM on any other Android device.
– check the model number of your phone under Settings> About Phone.
– note that this is the guide for I9100G, if you own an I9100 Galaxy S2, then you should try this other guide here.
- the phone should be rooted and running the latest CWM / TWRP Recovery image.
- in the how-to part of this post you will find two extra steps: the NANDROID Backup for the already installed ROM and, the Factory reset.
– do not skip those steps.
- in case you wish to save some data from installed apps, SMS text messages or any other info, then you should use the Helium tool for Android.
– sync Contacts info with your default Gmail account.
- this is a guide that should be applied only by advanced Android users.
- do not blame us in case you brick the device nor in case you end up losing any data in the process.
- read this entire post and do not skip any steps if you want to complete the installation at your first attempt.
- note that the phone’s battery charge level has to be over 50%, so that it won’t switch off in the middle of the installation process.
- if you need any extra help, then you should use the comments field.
I think that these were all the preparation steps that you had to follow in order to make sure that your device can be updated to the latest CyanogenMod KitKat build.
How to flash CM 11 M8 Snapshot Android 4.4.4 Stable for Galaxy S2 I9100G:
- Download the CM 11 M8 Snapshot ROM from here.
- Download Gapps for Android 4.4.x custom ROMs from here.
- Connect your phone with PC and move both zip files to your device’s internal storage.
– do not unzip the files.
– in case you’ve used the phone to download the files then you can ignore this step.
- Power off the Galaxy S2 I9100G completely and make sure that it is not connected to your PC.
- Boot the device in CWM / TWRP Recovery Mode:
– do it by pressing Volume Up, Home and Power, all at the same time.
– release the buttons when the custom Recovery screen appears.
- First, create the NANDROID ROM Backup for the OS that’s currently installed on your device:
– CWM: select ‘backup and restore’.
– TWRP: press Backup.
– set the filename and confirm backup, then continue to the next step.
- Apply the ‘Factory Reset’.
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’. Confirm process.
– TWRP: press Wipe and swipe to confirm.
- Now you can begin the installation of CM 11 M8 Snapshot for your Galaxy S2 I9100G:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: press Install.
– find the ROM zip file and confirm the installation.
- After the ROM is flashed you should install Gapps zip, too.
- When all files are installed you should return to the main custom Recovery screen.
- Reboot the device in normal mode.
– note that the first boot process will take a while before it loads all the new files.
- Use your Google info or create a new CyanogenMod account in order to take control over all the new CyanogenMod 11 M8 Snapshot features.
These were the steps that you had to follow, now you’re free to test the new ROM.
If the guide fails you should try to repeat it more than once. Also, use the comments field below if you need more help.