Update Galaxy S2 I9100 with stable Neat Custom ROM Firmware
Do you want to update your Galaxy S2 with a super stable and fast custom ROM firmware? Well, if so, then you surely must apply the Neat software. Even though Neat ROM isn’t based on latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS, you will be able to enjoy a platform that comes without bugs, issues or things that aren’t working as expected. On Neat firmware there are no bugs related to camera, heating, or battery drain problems so your galaxy S2 will run on a smooth version of Jelly Bean OS.
If I have aroused your attention and if you want to test the stable and fast Neat system on your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100, use the guidelines from below and complete this tutorial. The Neat software is powered by stock Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware, but don’t worry as the ROM is coming with extra and default features, apps and capabilities that can’t be found on the stock Android OS. All these features can be used for improving the power, upgrading the battery life, bumping the speeds and customizing the looks of your Galaxy S2.
So, if you don’t want to flash a buggy Android 4.3 based software, use the stable Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean based Neat firmware. The ROM will smoothly run on your Galaxy S2 so why not to try the same? In case you want to complete this tutorial you will have to apply the tasks from the following list:
- Root your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100. Root access must be gained because the ROM can be installed only on unchained systems that aren’t installed with factory and default restrictions.
- On your SGS2 replace the stock recovery image with a custom one. I recommend you to use CWM or TWRP recovery as these are the most popular custom recovery images used by the Android users.
- Do note that a custom recovery image can be flashed only on rooted handsets.
- Complete the mentioned operations only if your phone isn’t rooted and only if CWM recovery isn’t already running.
- Be careful as when rooting the warranty gets void. Gaining root access isn’t an official operation so the binary flash counter will be increased.
- Also, the Neat firmware is also an unofficial update that has nothing to do with Google or Samsung. Therefore we are not dealing with an OTA release of the Android system. The present software has been developed by those of xda-developers and we have them to thanks for the present step by step guide.
- The warranty can be restored because the factory restrictions can be reinstalled and the root access revoked. For doing so you will have to downgrade your Samsung Galaxy S2 to stock Android OS.
- After completing the mentioned tasks you need to backup the S2 data. A wipe will be required and as you can tell, by wiping the system you are also wiping the data. So, use suitable backup and restore apps and CWM recovery and save your contacts, market apps, EFS folder, text messages, calendar info, personal saves, accounts and the current ROM.
- A computer must be used because you need to download the firmware file on the same.
- This is a manual method, so from your computer deactivate the security protection and programs.
- Also, on your phone the USB debugging option must be checked. In order to do so you must head to path “settings -> applications -> development”.
- Due to same considerations, your phone must be charged, or at least you should ensure that there is more than 60% power left. Else it might get turned off in the middle of the update procedure – the S2 might get bricked out.
- This tutorial is being compatible only with the Samsung Galaxy S2 model number I9100 because the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean based Neat custom ROM has been developed only for the mentioned smartphone.
- Applying the steps from below for a similar or different handset will probably brick your phone / tablet.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 with stable Neat Custom ROM Firmware
- Download the update firmware file from here.
- Save the mentioned file on your computer – preferable on desktop.
- Don’t unzip the update package.
- You now need to connect your smartphone with the computer.
- Plug in the USB cable for connecting the devices.
- Up next, select the downloaded file from desktop.
- Copy-paste it from your computer to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the smartphone from your computer by removing the USB cable.
- Turn off your SGS2.
- Enter recovery mode.
- From recovery first of all wipe the system; select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Return, select “advance” and choose “wipe dalvick cache”.
- Once more return to main menu of recovery and select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose zip from SD card”.
- Pick the firmware file and flash the same on your phone.
- Wait while the process is being completed.
- In the end, return to recovery and select “reboot system now”.
- In case your handset gets stuck in a boot loop, reboot into recovery mode once more and select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”. On the other hand, if the first boot takes longer than usual, don’t panic because there is nothing wrong with your smartphone.
Congratulations; you have updated your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 to custom Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS as the Neat custom ROM firmware has been successfully installed on your device. The software is stable and works without any kinds of issues; anyway do test the same and share your impressions and the results with us.