Hydra H2O is a custom ROM based on Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich by AOKP and AOSP styled.Here you can find the tutorial guide that teaches you how to successfully use it to update your Samsung Galaxy S2 model number I9100.
The full version name for this custom ROM is Hydra H2o v1.1.2 IMM761 Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich custom ROM firmware. Also it is customized to look more like AOSP releases that are usually resembling more the official releases of Android 4.0 firmware. For this guide to work on your device, the Galaxy S2 I9100 has to be rooted and the CWM Recovery installed. You will find more info in the preparation guide.
Installing and updating the Hydra H2O Android 4.0.4 ICS on your Galaxy S2 is rather easy but, for the updating process to go smoothly you will need to have to be a somewhat advanced Android user that knows his way around rooting tools, sub-system cwm recovery tools and options and how to load boot into recovery mode and flash simple zip files.
Now that you know all this general info, let’s move to the preparation guide and learn how to properly configure your SGS2 for the installation of Hydra H2O ROM firmware. Here’s what you need to know and what pre-requisites you need:
- It is recommended for you to save and backup your important files such as videos, audios, photos, pdf & text documents and all other fiels currently stored on your SGS2. You can move this files on your phone’s internal SDcard or you can choose an alternative method and copy them on your PC and restore them back on your phone after the updating process is complete.
- At least one of the above actions are required because you will be forced to wipe the data and factory reset the phone before installing the new ROM firmware. It doesn’t matter if you’re coming from an older version of Hydra H2O Rom.
- The Android apps currently installed on your Galaxy S2 I9100 device can be backed up using the AppBak tool. Read this guide HERE to learn how to download and how to use it. It is registered to Google Play Store, so it is safe to use and it has received numerous positive reviews.
- Your Galaxy S2 I9100 device needs to have root access and CWM Recovery installed. For those that own non-rooted devices, this link here contains several guides on how to root your SGS2 fast and easy.
- the call logs info and text messages received and sent can saved using these two Android programs: Call Logs backup & restore | SMS backup & restore.
- sync your Phone Contacts with your Gmail Account. If you don’t know how to do it then you should read this guide HERE.
- you should backup your APN and MMS Settings as you might not be able to browse the internet after the Hydra H2O rom is installed; those settings will help you restore the default values for web browsing.
- enable USB debugging option.
- charge your phone’s battery so that it won’t power OFF while you’re installing the new custom ROM firmware files.
- read all the instructions listed under the tutorial guide and make sure not to skip any of them as that might fail the ROM firmware update.
This was all the info you needed to know before moving to the tutorial guide.
Note that we cannot be held responsible for any problems that your device might develop during or after the ROM update to Hydra H2O. It is recommended for you to be an advanced user and that you know how to use the files listed in this article. Make sure to read all the steps and apply all the actions I’ll tell you to take.
Now that you know all that, I think that you’re ready to move to the ‘how-to’ guide and learn how to update your SGS2 to Android 4.0.4 ICS custom ROM firmware.
How to update Galaxy S2 I9100 to Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich with Hydra H2O custom ROM firmware:
- Download the Hydra H2O custom ROM zip file from HERE. Save this file on your computer’s desktop screen. Do not extract its contents.
- Connect your SGS2 to your computer. Move the ROM firmware file on your phone’s internal sdcard. Do not create any new folders/ sub-folders; simply place it on the main menu of sdcard. Disconnect your device from your phone.
- Power OFF the device and now boot into recovery mode. Do it by pressing Volume up+ Home center + Power buttons. Wait for the CWM recovery menu to load.
- When in Recovery mode, you need to select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ and confirm the data removal.
- Select ‘wipe cache’ and ‘wipe dalvik cache’. After both are completed you have to move to the next step.
- Now, select ‘install zip from sdcard’ and then ‘choose zip from internal sdcard’.
- Find the Hydra H2O ROM Zip file you’ve downloaded at step 1 and moved on your phone at step 2. Confirm the installation and then wait for it to complete.
- When the ROM firmware has been successfully installed you will need to select ‘++Go Back++’ and you will be taken to the main recovery menu.
- Now, select ‘reboot system now’ and wait for the Galaxy S2 to complete its first boot under Hydra H2O ROM. Please note that this process might take at least 10 minutes before completion.
- When you’ve successfully configured the Android settings you will need to restart the device once again and that should do it; your phone will restart once again and after the home screen loads you can start restoring your favorite applications and files on your Galaxy S2 phone.
NOTE: In case your SGS2 is unable to complete the first boot or gets into a boot loop, it means that it was bricked because you surely forgot to apply one or two steps. Remove the phone battery, re-insert it and then boot into recovery mode once again and repeat all the steps listed above in the tutorial guide. Make sure to select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option.
If you have any other questions then please feel free to post in the comments sections and we will help you complete the Android 4.0.4 ICS update for your Galaxy S2 device.
Below you can find a short Youtube video that demoes the Hydra H2O performance on my Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 smartphone.