Install Official CM 10.2 Stable Jelly Bean ROM for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2
Official CyanogenMod 10.2 Stable build based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean has been launched now and you can flash it on your T-mobile Galaxy S2 I9100.
This is the first stable build of CM 10.2 released by the CyanogenMod team and you can learn how to update your device using the all the info that I’ve listed in this tutorial. Remember that this is not an official Samsung ROM update, but a custom firmware that hasn’t been designed for your smartphone as it is only an adapted build from AOSP Android 4.3.
Learn how to configure your device for the installation using the info below:
- use this guide only with the T-mobile version of Samsung Galaxy S2.
- don’t update any other smartphones with the files listed in this article.
- your phone should be rooted and running the latest CWM Recovery image.
- TWRP will also work with this post, the installation steps are similar and you should be able to complete it by guiding yourself using the CWM instructions.
- ‘factory reset’ is a required step and you shouldn’t skip it when you reach it.
- it will remove data from system partition, while the internal and external sdcards won’t be affected.
- it is recommended for you to create a full NANDROID ROM Backup for the currently installed OS.
- it will set a restore point for your phone.
- the step is listed in the tutorial and you shouldn’t skip it.
- backup data from installed apps using the Helium tool.
- backup SMS text messages and APN Internet Settings with these applications: SMS backup & restore | APN Settings Backup & Restore.
- sync Contacts info with your Gmail account.
- a guide is listed here if you don’t know how to sync people details and contact phone numbers.
- the phone’s battery charge level has to be over 50%, so that the smartphone won’t switch off in the middle of the updating process.
- this is a guide for advanced users, do not skip any steps and read the entire post before starting the installation.
- enable USB Debugging from Developer Options.
- do not blame us in case you brick the phone or lose any important data in the process.
Now that you know all of the above, continue to the next part of this post and learn how to update your device.
How to flash Official CM 10.2 Stable ROM for T-Mobile Galaxy S2 I9100:
- Download the custom ROM zip from here.
- Download Gapps for Android 4.3 custom ROMs from here.
- Use the USB cable and connect your phone to your PC, then move both zip files to your device’s internal storage.
- disconnect the phone from PC when all files are copied.
- do not unzip the files.
- Power off the phone completely.
- Boot the device in CWM Recovery Mode.
- note that TWRP Recovery should work also.
- When you’re at the main custom Recovery screen you should create a full NANDROID ROM Backup:
- select ‘backup and restore’, save the file and continue to the next step.
- Next, Factory Reset your smartphone:
- select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’/
- confirm the process.
- Now you can flash the new custom ROM:
- select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
- find the CM 10.2.0 Stable zip and confirm its installation.
- When the new ROM is installed with success, select once again the ‘choose zip from sdcard’ step. Flash the Gapps zip file.
- After the installation is complete you should return to the main custom Recovery screen.
- Reboot your phone now in normal mode.
- the first boot process of this new CM 10.2 Stable ROM will take a while to complete.
- Create your CyanogenMod account and then start testing the new features.
These were all the steps that you had to take. If you cannot complete this tutorial, then you can ask for more help in comments.
NOTE: in case this new ROM doesn’t go past the Cyanogen animation, then you should repeat the entire tutorial without skipping any steps.
Also, if you don’t like this new ROM, then you can choose to restore the NANDROID ROM Backup file created in step 6 using the same custom Recovery Mode.