Update Galaxy S3 I9300 to Android 4.2 Jelly Bean with Ultima v6.0.2 Custom ROM
If you want to update your Samsung Galaxy S3 with a powerful custom ROM that brings features spotted on the Google LG Nexus 4 and on the Galaxy Note 2 then the Ultima software is what you need. The firmware is on its 6.0.2 version and is a stable one with no bugs or issues. So, during this tutorial, I will try to teach you how to manually install the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean based Ultima custom ROM on your Galaxy S3 model number GT I9300.
The installation procedure is not hard to complete and you have nothing to worry about as you have all the info needed explained during the next few lines. I recommend you to read all that is mentioned below because this is being considered a complex and risky method and for being able to safely apply the same on your Galaxy S3 you need to know all the aspects that are related to a custom update operation.
That’s why you must first prepare your phone for the update that will shortly follow. A custom ROM can’t be flashed without completing the next pre requisites because you are not dealing with a stock or official software provided by Samsung. But before detailing the pre requisites, let’s talk a little bit about the Ultima software. As mentioned the ROM brings features ported from the Google LG Nexus 4 and from the Galaxy Note 2, meaning that your Galaxy S3 will be updated with many and powerful apps, themes and capabilities. Furthermore, the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS will be installed on your smartphone so you have all the reasons for completing this tutorial. Now, if you want to learn more about the Ultima firmware, or if you want to take a look over its features list, you can anytime check our source page from here.
Now, as promised, let’s take care of the preparation tasks. For that you must consult the next list as you have all the aspects explained and detailed there.
- First, you must know that by proceeding the warranty of your Samsung Galaxy S3 will be void. For the future, you can restore it as soon as you downgrade to the stock ROM, or if you apply an official update released by Samsung for your S3.
- Then, it’s more than recommended to backup the data before going any further. You will have to wipe the data (I will explain you how a little bit later) so all of your personal saves will be erased. You can use our backup and restore guides for applying a full and safe backup (you can learn how to save the contacts, messages, call logs, current ROM, EFS and more).
- Next, you must root the SGS3. The Galaxy Note 2 and Google Nexus 4 powered Ultima Android 4.2 custom ROM can be applied only on a rooted system, so search through our how to section and learn how to root your device. Again, be aware as the warranty will get void.
- Then, as soon as the system was unchained, you have to download and install a custom recovery image (preferable CWM recovery), which is a tool that will be used for the flashing process (more details about this during the proper steps).
- Also, you will have to use a computer; on the PC and on the smartphone before heading to other operations, uninstall or just deactivate the antivirus and Firewall security protection.
- Now, take your handset and enable the USB debugging option from its settings.
- And don’t forget to charge the battery because if not the phone might get turned off in the middle of the operation and also get bricked (it is recommended to charge the battery if there is less than 60% power left).
- Finally you must complete this step by step guide only for the Samsung Galaxy S3 model number GT I9300 because the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Ultima v6.0.2 Custom ROM will work only on the mentioned handset.
How to Update Galaxy S3 GT I9300 to Jelly Bean 4.2 with Ultima v6.0.2 Custom ROM firmware
- First of all, download the update file from here.
- Save the file on your computer.
- Then, connect the phone with the PC and copy paste the downloaded file on your phone’s SD card.
- Turn off the SGS3.
- Reboot in recovery mode as by using CWM recovery we will install the Android 4.2 update on your Galaxy S3.
- Once the recovery mode is displayed, select “wipe data factory reset” followed by “wipe cache partition”.
- When the wipe process is over select “+++go back+++” for returning to the main menu.
- Now, this time select “install zip from sd card” and “choose zip from sd card”.
- You can now pick the downloaded file and flash the same on your smartphone.
- Wait until the installation operation is over (it should take a couple of minutes) and then select “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now”.
You should take note that the first boot will take longer than usual, so don’t panic. Now, your Samsung Galaxy S3 has been updated to Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS with Ultima v6.0.2 Custom ROM firmware. Run the software test the Galaxy Note 2 and Google LG Nexus 4 features and see how it performs and then return here and share your experience with us and with those interested in flashing this ROM.