Update Galaxy S3 i9300 with Jelly Bean based Dragon V2.4 Custom ROM
The Samsung Galaxy S3, model number GT I9300, can now be updated with the latest Jelly Bean 4.1.1 based custom ROM firmware, as the Dragon V2.4 software has just been made available. There are many custom updates launched for the Galaxy S3, but before installing anything on your phone, you should first check whether you find the OS improvement on your taste or not. That’s why, if you take a look below, you will be able to see the Android 4.1.1 Dragon features list and by reading the same you can easily decide if applying this step by step guide is a good idea for you.
You should learn how to update your Galaxy S3 to Jelly Bean Dragon custom ROM, as this is the latest firmware available for your phone and according to our sources (those of xda-developers) we are dealing with a stable and without bugs ROM. The software is being based on the XXDLIB platform, so you should receive an improved version of the same. Of course, the appearance will be changed as the update is coming with its own theme, background images, effects and so on; not to mention that many other features and capabilities will be added into the S3 system.
The full list of features is being displayed during the following image therefore for making a proper idea about this new firmware check it out. Also, you should know that the present update isn’t coming from Samsung; those of xda-developers had developed and test it, so we have them to thanks for this tutorial. The Jelly Bean based Dragon custom ROM is in its 2.4 version, meaning that the previous reported bugs have been removed and resolved. Your Samsung Galaxy S3 will receive a stable OS with many enhancements so that you can enjoy an improved Android based experience.
Now, after we have cleared the features aspect, we should consider in resolve and present other details related to the operation you are about to perform. The first to start with is the root access which is being required; else you cannot apply the Jelly Bean update on your Galaxy S3. Be aware because with the root access the warranty gets void. This is why you must follow a dedicated tutorial for ensuring that the S3 has an unchained system (you can use one of our step by step guides). If you will need to restore the warranty, you will have to downgrade to the stock ROM, or to update with an official software.
Then, you have to install a custom recovery image (like CWM recovery) on your SGS3. This tool must be used for installing the update and for making a full wipe of the system. Without completing the wipe, the Dragon ROM will not run properly on your phone. Therefore, if we talk about a wipe, we surely must talk about a backup. So, you should save all of your personal info which is being stored on the device internal storage memory, or else you will lose the same. For that, you have backup and restore guides explained here on Android.gs and by using the mentioned tutorials, you can learn how to save the current ROM, the EFS folder, the internet settings, the contacts, the text messages and much more.
Finally, you have to take a look over the last section of this guide. These are the essential pre requisites, so don’t skip this part.
- A Windows running computer is being required so make sure you can use one.
- Also, you must use your Galaxy S3 and its USB cord.
- On your smartphone enable the USB debugging option from here: “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”. Else you will not be able to connect the device with the computer.
- Check the battery power on your handset; if there is less than 60% power left go and charge the battery first.
- On your computer and phone don’t use, or better, deactivate the Firewall and antivirus protection; if you don’t apply this then the installation procedure might get interrupted.
- Remember to backup, root and install a custom recovery image.
- Apply the next steps only for installing the Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Dragon V2.4 on a Samsung Galaxy S3 model number GT I9300 smartphone; if you do the same for similar devices you can end up in bricking them.
How to Update Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with Jelly Bean based Dragon V2.4 Custom ROM
- Download the update file from here.
- Of course, place the file on your computer.
- Connect the S3 with the computer by using its USB cable.
- Copy the update file from the PC to the phone SD card.
- Unplug the USB cord.
- You must enter the handset in recovery mode.
- If you don’t know how, here is what you need to do. First, turn off the device. Then, reboot by holding the Volume Up Key and Center button while pressing on the Power one.
- The recovery mode menu should now be displayed.
- From there, select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Next, return to the first menu by selecting “+++go back+++”.
- And after that, select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose zip from SD card”.
- Pick the update file you have saved on the SD card before and install the same.
- The flashing process should take a couple of minutes.
- Don’t press anything while the process is still running.
- In the end, select “+++go back++” for returning to the recovery menu and “reboot system now” for ending the process.
Now your Samsung Galaxy S3 has been updated with the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean based Dragon V2.4 custom ROM firmware. Stay close as a 4.1.2 update suitable for the Galaxy S3 will be made available in the coming days and we will bring a dedicated step by step guide for learning how to manually apply the same. Until then, test the new ROM and share your impressions with us by using the comments area from below. Do tell us if there are problems or bugs into the system, or if you had issues while trying to perform the above presented steps.