Update Galaxy S3 I9300 to Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXEMD2 Firmware
The Poland users of the Samsung Galaxy S3 had received a new version of the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 OS, the XXEMD2 firmware. Well, while the software has been OTA rolled out in selected markets only, now we will be checking on how to manually update any Galaxy S3 I9300 handsets to the latest and official Android 4.1.2 JB XXEMD2 ROM. This step by step guide will take you through the flashing procedure, so you have nothing to worry about as you are in safe hands. Also, the tutorial is easy and fast, so you will be done in just a couple of minutes.
This is the latest stock Jelly Bean OS available for the S3 users, so if you want the best software for your device, then it is more than recommended to apply the XXEMD2 system. The firmware is stable, comes without bugs or issues and brings several new features and apps to your smartphone. Remember that we are dealing with the official update that has been released by Samsung for the Poland users of the Galaxy S3, but if you follow this guide you will be able to flash the same on any S3 phones that has the model number of I9300.
It is important to know that this tutorial will work on rooted and locked handsets in the same way, gaining root access being optional. Actually, if you have a rooted S3, after applying the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXEMD2 OS the root access will be revoked, so you will have to regain the root access by using a new guide that is suitable with the new software. Furthermore, if your phone is currently running on a custom ROM, after taking care of the steps from below, you will be able to restore the stock Android 4.1.2 platform along with your phone’s warranty.
So, in order to conclude the above lines: the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXEMD2 OS is the official update rolled out for the Samsung Galaxy S3; by using the present step by step guide you will learn how to manually flash the ROM and also you don’t have to own a rooted device for being able to succeed with the installation procedure. Actually on the update process Odin will be used, which is tool designed by Samsung especially for these kinds of operations.
Anyway, for ensuring that everything will go as planned you do have to first apply the pre requisites. Without previously preparing your phone, you will probably have problems while trying to apply the update, so don’t skip the next few lines.
- It is extremely important to backup the Galaxy S3 data, because if something wrong happens you will have to wipe its system meaning that all of your personal info will be erased.
- Use backup and restore apps from Google Play, or use our suitable backup guides for learning how to save almost everything from your phone.
- Then, make sure that you can have access to a Windows running computer.
- On your phone go to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging” and enable the USB debugging option.
- Next, check the battery status of your handset: if you notice that the battery power is less than 60% then you should plug in the charger; you don’t want to brick your smartphone (if it gets turned off while you are trying to flash the Jelly Bean firmware that’s what will be happening).
- On both computer and Galaxy S3 you need to deactivate the security and Firewall protection; actually uninstall all the security programs as these tools might interfere with Odin.
- Remember that this guide is compatible only with the Samsung Galaxy S3 model number I9300; the stock Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXEMD2 will work only on the mentioned device.
How to Update Galaxy S3 I9300 to Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXEMD2 Firmware
- First of all, on your computer the Galaxy S3 drivers should be installed. For that, you can anytime download and install the Samsung KIES tool.
- Then, download and install Odin on your PC.
- Next, get the update file from here.
- Run Odin on the PC.
- Turn off your phone.
- Reboot it by pressing the Power, Volume Down and Home buttons.
- In this way the download mode will be displayed.
- Connect your phone with the computer via USB cable.
- Then, check Odin as on the same the “added” message must be displayed and the ID:COM section must be yellow or blue.
- If not, you must: close Odin, unplug the USB cable and reinstall the S3 drivers on the computer; then repeat the steps from above.
- If everything is working as explained, you need to select the “PDA” option from Odin.
- Pick the update file from your computer.
- Make sure that the “Re-Partition” box is unchecked and click on the “start” button.
- Now, the XXEMD2 OS will be updated to your SGS3.
- In the end, on Odin the “pass” message will be displayed; you can unplug the USB cable and reboot your device.
Note: If in the end your device will get stuck in a boot loop, or if something isn’t working as expected you will have to: reboot your S3 into recovery mode by pressing on the Power, Volume Up and Home buttons at the same time; from the recovery mode menu select “wipe data factory reset” followed by “wipe cache partition”; end the operation by selecting “+++go back+++” followed by “reboot system now”.
Note 2: in rare cases while you are trying to flash the ROM on your handset, Odin might get stuck. Well, if that happens you will have to: close Odin on your computer; disconnect the device from the PC and force restart it; reinstall the S3 drivers on your PC; open Odin; reconnect the phone via USB cord; resume the update process that is explained above.
That was all guys. Now your Samsung Galaxy S3 has been updated to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXEMD2 Firmware. Stay close as a suitable root procedure for the new software will soon be available and we will bring a dedicated step by step guide for you. Do share your impressions and thoughts related to the XXEMD2 OS and with the update procedure with us by using the comments area from below.