The first builds of Paranoid Android 4.5 are now live for the Samsung Galaxy S3 and you can use this tutorial in order to learn how to successfully install one of these builds on your device. These PA 4.5 Beta builds are featuring tons of Android L 5.0 OS features.
Android 4.4.4 KitKat is the base ROM of PA 4.5 Beta builds, but you will also find some elements borrowed from the Android L 5.0 Preview OS. Check more info here and here. Before starting the installation process you will need to read the preparation info below:
- use this post only with the Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300.
– check the model number under Settings> About Phone and make sure that it it I9300.
– do not try to update your device with the files that you can find in this post.
- your device has to be rooted and running the latest CWM / TWRP custom Recovery.
- before installing the ROM you will have to apply two extra steps: NANDROID Backup and Factory Reset.
– don’t skip any of these steps.
– NANDROID Backup: this will set a full restore point for your smartphone.
– Factory Reset: this process will remove all data from system memory, but it won’t remove any data from internal nor external storage.
- if you want to save data from installed applications, then you can use the Helium app for Android.
– sync Contacts info with your default Gmail account.
- use this guide only if you’re an advanced user and do not blame us in case you will lose any data in the process.
- read the whole guide and don’t skip any steps.
- check the battery power level of your device and make sure that it is over 50%, this will prevent the phone from switching off during installation.
These were the preparation guidelines that you had to go over before continuing to the next part of this guide. Read the entire tutorial, make sure that your device meets all requirements and then start installation.
How to flash Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta for Galaxy S3 I9300:
Note that this is a build based on Android 4.4.4 and it packs some extra Android L features.
- Download the latest PA Beta build for Galaxy S3 I9300 from here.
- Download the Gapps zip for this file from here.
- Move both zip files to your smartphone’s internal storage.
– do not unzip the files.
– if you’ve used the phone to download these files, then you can skip this step completely.
- Power off the phone and then boot it in Custom Recovery Mode.
- Create a NANDROID Backup:
– CWM: select ‘backup and restore’ option.
– TWRP: press Backup.
– set a name for the file and confirm process.
- Apply the Factory Reset:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data factory reset’.
– TWRP: press Wipe.
– confirm process.
- Now you can start the installation process of PA 4.5 Beta for your Galaxy S3:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: press Install option.
- Find the ROM zip file and confirm installation. After the Paranoid Android ROM is installed you need to flash Gapps, too.
- Reboot the Galaxy S3 I9300 in normal mode after all files are installed successfully.
– note that the first boot process of this new ROM will take a while before it loads to home screen.
- Use your Google account info in order to take control over your smartphone once again.
These were all the preparation steps that you had to take in order to complete the installation of Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta ROM for your Galaxy S3.
In case the installation fails, then you should try to repeat the whole guide more than once. Make sure that you won’t skip any steps and that you will apply the ‘factory reset’ step. In case you require any extra help use the comments field below.