If you still haven’t decide which ROM to install on your T-Mobile Galaxy S3 T999 then maybe the Jedi Invasion v3 will be the perfect solution for you. This software is looking great and comes with important features and add-ons, all for improving the performances of your SGS3. Of course by updating the S3 with the Jedi Invasion firmware you will install a customized and optimized version of the latest Jelly Bean OS therefore you have all the reasons for checking out this tutorial. Read all the lines before starting the update process and make sure that this is what you need for your device; you can anytime take a look over our “update Samsung Galaxy S3” section for testing other Android 4.1 and 4.1.2 based custom ROMs.
Now, the Jedi Invasion firmware comes with some apps ported from the Galaxy Note 2 and with many other features that will power up the performances of your Galaxy S3. The ROM is rooted, deodexed, zipaligned and small (only 500MB), so it might be the best software released for the T-Mobile S3 so far. That’s not all, but if you want to check all of the features included in the system along with the add-ons and other apps you should head to our source page. The ROM is being offered by those of xda-developers so we have them to thanks for the present step by step guide.
If you had decided to update the Galaxy S3 with the Jedi Invasion v3 custom ROM, then you must first complete the preparation tasks. It is necessary to perform the next lines if you want to safely apply the software on your T-Mobile SGS3 T999. This is being considered a complex and risky operation and I know that you don’t want to end with a bricked smartphone.
That’s why you must start with a backup; as you will see during the proper steps a wipe must be applied meaning that all the data which is being saved on the internal storage memory will be erased by the process. I am talking about everything so the contacts, messages, call logs, EFS, market apps and so on will be wiped out. Furthermore, if your phone is running a custom recovery image, it is recommended to make a Nandroid backup too.
Now, when you know that your personal info has been saved, you can take care of other operations which are more complex than the backup one. And you must begin with the root procedure. The Jelly Bean based Jedi Invasion is a custom ROM and you can apply it only on a rooted Galaxy S3. Learn how to root the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 by using our suitable step by step guide. Then, the next thing to do is to install a custom recovery image on your device. Therefore, also learn how to flash CWM recovery on SGS3.
Take note as by performing the above mentioned operations the warranty of your smartphone will get void. This is happening because you are making changes into the internal system of your T-Mobile S3, so don’t panic. In the future, if something bad happens and you will need the warranty back, all you have to do is to downgrade to the stock ROM or update to an official software released by Samsung.
Finally, for being able to update your Galaxy S3 you will have to use a computer. On the PC a file must be saved, so the phone’s USB cord must be near you for transferring the mentioned file. Then, go to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging” and enable the USB debugging option on your handset. Make sure that your device is charged, or ensure that there is at least 60% power left before starting the installation operation. On the computer and on the S3 all the security tools must be deactivated and you should apply this method only if you own the T-Mobile version of the Samsung Galaxy S3, which has the model number T999.
How to Update T-Mobile Galaxy S3 T999 with Jedi Invasion v3 Jelly Bean Custom ROM Firmware
- First, on the computer download the Jedi Invasion v3 update file.
- The download link is here.
- You can also download the add-ons from here (optional – you can install them later).
- Then, connect your S3 with the PC.
- And copy-paste or drag and drop the same file from the PC to your phone’s SD card.
- Up next, remove the USB cord and turn off your device.
- Reboot by pressing and holding the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons together.
- From the recovery menu that will be opened select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Also select “Mounts and Storage” and select “Format /system”.
- Return to the main menu by selecting “+++go back+++”.
- Select “install zip from sd card” and “choose zip from sd card”.
- Pick the update file and flash the same.
- In the end from the same recovery mode select “Wipe Dalvik cache” then select “Fix Permissions”.
- Select “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now”.
- Don’t press anything for around 10 minutes or else the ROM will not work.
- Reboot the S3.
- If you want you can enter in recovery mode again for flashing the add-ons (do similar as above).
That was all for today as the Jedi Invasion v3 Jelly Bean Custom ROM Firmware has been successfully installed on the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3. Test the software and then return here and share your impressions with us and with those who might want to complete this step by step guide. Also, subscribe to us for receiving the latest tutorials and Android related news and info.