Update Galaxy S3 to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 with Capon Mod Custom ROM
After I have showed you how to update the Galaxy S3 with the RootBox custom ROM, now it’s time to check in how to install another Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 based firmware on your S3 device. So, even though there is no official 4.1.2 version of the Android OS released by Samsung, you can still update your Galaxy S3 with the latest ROM available, as the Capon Mod software had just been offered by those of xda-developers. You have a detailed step by step guide explained below, so you might want to take a look over the same.
Now, as you know, there are many updates available for your SGS3 smartphone, though not all the firmware are being stable and smooth. Therefore, before installing an Android 4.1.1 or 4.1.2 based ROM on your phone, it will be recommended to take a look over the features and possible bugs included into the update system. The same must be applied when we are referring to the Capon Mod software, as you must ensure that flashing the same is the best decision you could made. That’s why, during the next image I have mentioned some of the Capon Mod features, more info being available on our source page from here.
If you like the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 update, then you must prepare your Galaxy S3 for the installation procedure. For that you should check the pre requisites, which are being explained during the next few lines. Without taking care of the same you will not be able to apply the Capon Mod custom ROM firmware on your SGS3, or worst you can end up in bricking your handset while trying to improve its system. So, don’t skip any part of the present tutorial and try to read all carefully.
This operation is being considered risky and I know you don’t want to somehow damage your smartphone. Furthermore, if something bad do happen, we shouldn’t be held responsible. The present update isn’t an official one, meaning that the warranty of your S3 will be void. Also, the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 based Capon Mod custom ROM has been developed by those of xda-developers, so you will not get and install the classic or default Android platform. Anyway, you have more info about these aspects resumed during the next list; let’s get started:
- First of all, complete a backup, or else you can lose all the data from your SGS3.
- You can backup the current ROM and easily restore it if something isn’t working with the new one.
- Then, you should backup the text messages, the call logs and the contacts list by following our suitable how to guides.
- Also, it should be important to backup the EFS for your Galaxy S3.
- You can use a computer or SD card if you want to save files like images or videos.
- Other backup and restore tutorials can be checked by searching through our how to section.
- Well, now when your personal info can’t be wiped out, you must learn how to root the SGS3 device. You will not be able to apply the present update unless the root access has been previously gained. Be aware as the warranty will get void and the only way in which you can restore it is by downgrading to the stock ROM, or by updating with an official firmware released by Samsung.
- As soon as the system is unchained, you must get and install a custom recovery image, preferable CWM recovery for your phone. This tool will be used for the flashing process so you must get it.
- Next, on the computer you will use (you need to have access to one) and on your handset uninstall the security and protection programs.
- Enable the USB debugging option on your Galaxy S3 by going to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”.
- Make sure that on your SD card you have at least 1 GB free space left for being able to place the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 based Capon Mod custom ROM file.
- Charge the phone’s battery before starting the proper steps.
Those were the essential preparation procedures that must be completed before the actual update operation takes place. In the end, make sure that you are performing this method only for the Samsung Galaxy S3 and not for similar Android powered handsets, because you can easily end up in bricking your devices.
How to Update Galaxy S3 to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 with Capon Mod Custom ROM firmware
- For the first step, you need to download the update file.
- The proper download link is here.
- Save the Jelly Bean update file on your computer.
- Then, connect your Galaxy S3 with the PC by using its USB cord.
- Take the downloaded file from the PC and place it to your phone’s SD card.
- You can now safely unplug the USB cord.
- Turn off the device.
- Reboot in recovery mode.
- For that press and hold the Volume Up button and the Home key button (the middle button) while pressing on the Power one.
- Once the recovery mode menu is displayed, select the “wipe data factory reset” option and then the “wipe cache partition” one.
- Return to the main menu by choosing “+++go back+++”.
- From recovery now select “install zip from sd card” and “choose zip from sd card”.
- You will now be able to pick the update file from the SD card and flash the same on your smartphone.
- In the end (after a couple of minutes while the process in running) select “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now”.
There you have it guys; that was all as now your Samsung Galaxy S3 has been successfully updated with the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean based Capon Mod custom ROM firmware. If something isn’t working or if you had problems while trying to apply the steps, share the issues with us by using the comments area from below. Also, share if there are bugs or things that aren’t working in the ROM system with us and with other users so that we can make a better idea about this firmware.