How to Update Galaxy S3 i9300 with Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Turkbey ROM
The Samsung Galaxy S3 is one of the most popular handsets nowadays, with sales that can easily compete with the Apple’s new iPhone 5 ones, so that’s why there are so many custom ROMs available for it. For example, the Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Turkbey firmware has just been released by those of xda-developers, so as usual, I have developed a suitable step by step guide for you. Therefore, during the next few lines you can learn how to install the Turkbey ROM on any SGS3 GT I9300 device, all you have to know about this operation being displayed below.
The Android 4.1.1 Turkbey custom ROM comes with many features for the Galaxy S3 users and with capabilities that cannot be found in the latest and official XXDLIB firmware, though the present update is being based on the mentioned software. Also, you will get support for many languages, so you have nothing to worry about. You should install this update on your S3 if you want to experience the latest Android capabilities available and if you want to improve the performances of your phone. Furthermore, for the future, even though a custom ROM will be running on your handset you will still be able to apply official ROMs released by Samsung and suitable with your S3 smartphone.
For more aspects and details about the Jelly Bean Turkbey firmware, you can check the developer page from here. Now, if you want to flash this update, then you need to prepare your SGS3 for the installation procedure. So, for being sure that you are doing all right and as it should I have explained you the pre requisites during the following list. I know that it is a long list of tasks, but without reading the same you will not be able to safely install the Android 4.1.1 upgrade on your S3; furthermore, you can even end up in bricking your handset.
- As the update is being based on the XXDLIB firmware, your Galaxy S3 must run the same. If not, apply the ROM before going any further.
- Then, the XXDLIB software must be rooted. By rooting the warranty will be void, so try not to mess things up. As a note, you can restore the warranty by downgrading to the XXDLIB firmware or by updating with another official OS update which is being suitable with your phone.
- A custom recovery image must be then installed on your SGS3.
- Just before you apply the Turkbey custom ROM, you must perform a backup for saving all the data which is stored on you device (in its internal storage memory).
- For backup tips, download SMS backup and restore for Android; download backup and restore call log tools for Android; sync with Gmail and save the contacts; use CWM recovery and backup the current ROM and much more (check out our how to section for more tutorials).
- Next, just after the backup make sure you have access to a computer, or notebook.
- On the PC and on the handset, deactivate or uninstall the security programs; these tools can interfere with the flashing procedure.
- Furthermore, on your S3 the USB debugging option must be enabled (go to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”).
- And the battery should be charged, or there should be more than 60% power left; if different use the charger.
Well, those were the preparation tasks which must be applied before you start the actual steps. You can safely begin the tutorial now as your SGS3 is in safe hands. Don’t perform the present operation for similar smartphones with the Galaxy S3 model number GT I9300 because you can easily brick your Android based devices.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 with Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Turkbey Custom ROM
- First of all, you need to get the proper file (the update one).
- The suitable download link is here.
- Save and place the update package on your computer.
- Connect the S3 with the PC.
- Use the USB cable for that.
- Take the downloaded file from the PC and place it to your phone.
- Remove the USB cord.
- Reboot the SGS3 in recovery mode.
- For recovery you must press and hold the Volume Up button and the Home key button (the middle one) while pressing on the Power button.
- One you are in recovery, you should start by selecting “wipe data factory reset” and followed by “wipe cache partition”.
- Return to recovery menu, by choosing “+++go back+++”.
- Select “install zip from sd card” and next “choose zip from sd card”.
- Take the update file you have placed before and install the same.
- When the process ends, just select “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now”.
That was all you need to do in order to properly install the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Turkbey Custom ROM firmware and update the Samsung Galaxy S3 with the same. You should test the new software and also test its features, tools and everything else you need to for making a proper idea about the update. Then, return here and share your impressions with us and with other users too. Also, stay close as more S3 update will be coming soon.