After we have showed you how to manually update your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 with the first versions of the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OTA updates, the DXALL3 and XXAMA2 firmware, now I will try to teach you how to do the same for applying the latest DXALL7 software and update your Galaxy S3 Mini to the most stable stock Jelly Bean 4.1.2 ROM available on the market. This tutorial will be similar with the other ones explained and suitable with your S3 Mini, so you have nothing to worry about as you are in good hands.
The Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean DXALL7 platform can also be OTA or by using KIES installed on the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 devices, but if you haven’t received the firmware yet, or if you have a rooted phone and cannot flash the OS by air, then you can anytime use this guide which will take you through the manual installation procedure. The ROM is coming with several bug fixes, the force closed errors being removed, so don’t expect to see major improvements or new features included in this version of the Jelly Bean update.
Now, first of all, it should be clear for you that we are dealing with an official OS and not with a custom ROM, or beta software. So, the risks that are usually coming with an unofficial system are no gone. This means that you will not void the Samsung warranty by completing this step by step guide. More, in case your handset is being powered by a custom ROM and you have lost its warranty, now you will be able to restore the same. Also, you will remove and replace all the custom looks and user interface with the default Jelly Bean 4.1.2 one, so the stock Android experience will once more run on your smartphone.
In order to enjoy all that you must first make sure that you can use a Windows powered computer or notebook. On the same you will have to download Odin, which is a complex app designed and used especially for the updates processes. Don’t worry I will show you how to use Odin for updating your Galaxy S3 Mini to official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 DXALL7 OS a little bit later. Since then, you must know that if you own a rooted handset, after completing this guide, the root access will be revoked; the same means that a root process isn’t required before applying the present procedure. Also, the bootloader will be relocked and the factory restrictions will be reinstalled, so you will bring your phone to its initial, or default state. The rest of the pre requisites are being presented below, so check and apply the same.
- It is unlikely to lose the data by using Odin, but considering that we are talking about everything that is being saved on the internal storage memory of your smartphone, it will still be a good idea to backup the contacts, messages, call logs, EFS, market apps and everything else you need to before installing the stock ROM on your SGS3 Mini.
- After backing up the data, on your phone enable the USB debugging option; you can do this by going to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”.
- As mentioned you will have to use a computer; now, on the computer and on the device, there shouldn’t be any security tools installed.
- It is recommended to check the battery status; if you notice that there is not enough power left (there should be minimum 60% power left) charge the phone.
- Make sure that this tutorial is completed only for the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini, model number I8190. Applying this guide for a similar handset will brick your Android based device.
How to Manually Update Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 to official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 DXALL7 OS
- Use the link from here for downloading the DXALL7 update file on your computer.
- Extract the same on the Desktop.
- Then, download and also install Odin.
- Download KIES for installing the proper drivers for your phone.
- On the computer now open Odin.
- Reboot your phone into download mode.
- You can enter the download mode by pressing the Volume Down Key, OK and Power buttons.
- Take the USB cable and connect the handset with the computer.
- On the Odin window, the ID:COM option should now be yellow and the “added” message should be displayed.
- If not, re-install the drivers on your computer.
- From Odin select “PDA” and pick the update file from the desktop.
- You can safely click on “start” for beginning the update process.
- In the end, the “pass” message should be displayed on Odin.
- You can remove the USB cable now.
- The first boot might take longer than usual; if you get a boot loop do the following: reboot into recovery mode, from there wipe the system (“wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”) and finally select “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now”.
So, that should be all. The official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 DXALL7 OS has been updated on your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini, meaning that our work is done. If you have encountered issues while trying to perform the above explained steps use the comments area and share the same with us; we will then try to resolve the same.