Update Galaxy S3 with MS Team HD Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Custom ROM
Powering up and optimizing the performances of the Samsung Galaxy S3 can easily be performed as there are many ways in which you can make changes and improve the capabilities and internal system of your handset. The fastest method that can be applied for achieving the same implies in installing a custom ROM firmware on your Galaxy S3 I9300, and thanks to the xda-developers community there are many updates available for your smartphone (check our “update Galaxy S3” section for the full list). Anyway, the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 based MS Team HD software is the latest platform offered by xda-developers so as usual, we will be checking in how to update your SGS3 with the same.
For that you will have to use this step by step guide which will guide you through the installation procedure. In this way, you can easily learn how to flash the MS Team HD Android 4.1.2 OS on your Galaxy S3 in order to optimize the internal system and for receiving more power, increased speeds and upgraded battery life. Of course first of all you will have to prepare the device for the flashing operation that will shortly follow and for that you have the pre requisites which are being detailed and explained during the next list of tasks.
The MS Team HD custom ROM is being powered by the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean platform so you will be updating your Galaxy S3 to the same version of the Android system. But, being an unofficial software, you will not be able to enjoy the default variant of the Jelly Bean firmware. In fact, you will install a custom OS that comes with its own looks, features and apps. The best part is that the MS Team HD ROM is rooted, deodexed, zipaligned, it comes with Busybox, Sqlite3, init.d scripts, sysro/sysrw, and a nano text editor. These are only some of the advantages that come with this new firmware, but if you want to learn more about the same check our source page from here.
If you have decided to complete this tutorial, then start the installation procedure by applying the pre requisites detailed below. Don’t skip any section of this guide because you can end up in bricking your Samsung Galaxy S3. This is a complex and risky operation so be careful in what you do.
- Considering the up mentioned facts and the wipe that will have to be performed it is highly recommended to begin with a backup. Therefore, take your time and save the contacts, messages, call logs, market apps, EFS and everything else you need to.
- Don’t forget to make a Nandroid backup for saving the current ROM as well.
- You can’t update the Galaxy S3 with the MS Team HD Jelly Bean 4.1.2 custom ROM unless you have a rooted phone with a custom recovery image, like CWM recovery, installed.
- First, gain root access and then flash the CWM recovery tool.
- Be aware as the warranty will get void. We are not dealing with an official update, so this is something normal.
- That’s why you will be able to regain the lost warranty as soon as you decide to downgrade your Samsung Galaxy S3 to stock ROM, or if you install an official firmware on your smartphone.
- Remember to get the recovery image as this tool is extremely important for us; we will use the same for applying the MS Team HD Android 4.1.2 ROM.
- This is a custom ROM, so a manual method must be completed; so you need to have access to a Windows running computer with internet connection enabled, to your handset and to its USB cord.
- Now, for avoiding the unpleasant situations deactivate the security tools that are running on your computer and phone. And then charge the battery of your Galaxy S3 or else the device might get turned off during the update operation.
- Enable the USB debugging option on your phone for being able to connect it with the computer.
- Use this step by step guide only if you are looking forward in installing the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 based MS Team HD software on the Samsung Galaxy S3 model number I9300; the ROM can be applied only on the mentioned handset and the steps from below are suitable only with the same.
How to Update Galaxy S3 with MS Team HD Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Custom ROM Firmware
- Download the update file by using one of the following links: main download link here, alternate link 1 from here and for the second alternate link use this link.
- Save the update file on the computer.
- Then, use the USB cable for connecting your Galaxy S3 with the computer.
- And copy-paste or drag and drop the downloaded file from the computer to your phone’s SD card.
- You can unplug the USB cable now as you have to turn off the device.
- Up next, reboot by holding and pressing the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons at the same time; in this way you will be able to enter the recovery mode.
- From the recovery mode, first of all wipe the system; for that from the menu that is being displayed, choose “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Return to the main menu: “+++go back+++”.
- And this time from the same menu select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose zip from SD card”.
- Pick the update file which you have downloaded before.
- And start the update operation.
- When the process ends, select “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now”; you are done.
- The first boot will take longer than usual so don’t panic; there is nothing wrong with your phone.
- As a final tip, if you don’t like the new OS, you can anytime restore the stock one (only if you have previously made a Nandroid backup as recommended) by rebooting into recovery mode once more.
That was all for now as the step by step guide was finally completed. Your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 has been updated with the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean based MS Team HD custom ROM firmware. Test the software and if you somehow find bugs or things that aren’t working properly use the comments area from below and share the same with us. Also, do tell us how things worked for you or if you had encountered any kind of issues while trying to apply the above explained method.