Update Galaxy S3 to Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXELL4 Premium Suite ROM
The Premium Suite Jelly Bean 4.1.2 official update for the Samsung Galaxy S3, dubbed as XXELL4, has been already rolled out for most of the European markets and it will soon arrive in Asia, Africa and Latin Americans, thought the exact release date is still missing. That’s why, during the following step by step guide I will be showing you in how to update your Galaxy S3 to official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean software by manually installing the Premium Suite XXELL4 firmware. You have the proper steps detailed below, so we should get started.
Before we start the tutorial, you should first take notice in some essential info. First, this is an official software, meaning that some users are being able to OTA apply the same on their Samsung Galaxy S3 devices. Also, you can do the same operation by using the KIES tool. Now, if you haven’t received the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Premium Suite ROM yet, then you can anytime use this guide for manually updating your S3 to the latest and official Android OS. Actually you will install the mentioned platform but without Samsung’s notice. This means that you can flash the XXELL4 firmware before its official release date.
So, for being able to complete this step by step guide you don’t have to previously root your Galaxy S3. As usual, the root operation is being required only when you try to install custom ROMs, and not official ones. Furthermore, if you own a rooted device, then by performing this method the root access will be revoked. Don’t worry you will be able to re-root your handset but only by following a guide that suits with the new Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXELL4 Premium Suite ROM. Therefore, the warranty will not get void and also if your smartphone is currently running an unofficial software, after installing the present OS you will be able to regain the lost warranty.
A backup should be performed though as this is a manual procedure that can be used for updating the Galaxy S3 to official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXELL4 Premium Suite firmware. As you will see, for completing the guide you will have to use Odin, and your data might be wiped out during the installation procedure. It is unlikely for that to happen, but you can never be too sure when it comes to your personal info. So, use our backup and restore guides for saving the contacts, messages, call logs, EFS and even the current ROM.
A Windows running computer, your phone and its USB cord will be required. On the PC you will have to install and use Odin, but we will discuss about this a little bit later. Now, just deactivate the security tools that are running on your computer and SGS3. These programs might interfere with the update process and we don’t want that to happen. Then, go to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging” and enable the USB debugging option on your handset. Furthermore the process will take a while so it is recommended to charge the battery of your device before starting the update. And, in the end, ensure that you are applying this tutorial only for flashing the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXELL4 Premium Suite ROM on the Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300, or else you will brick up your smartphone.
How to Update Galaxy S3 to Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXELL4 Premium Suite ROM Firmware
- Download Odin on your computer.
- Extract and install the same.
- Then, on the same computer download the update file; if your country is not listed here, the download the UK version as it is the generic one: for UK the download link is here; for Germany get the update from here; for Russia use this link; for Nordic countries you can download the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 OS from here; for Switzerland get the same from here.
- Extract the downloaded file.
- Open Odin on your computer.
- Turn off the Galaxy S3 and then reboot it in download mode (press Volume Up rocker key and power button at the same time).
- Then, connect the device with the computer by using the USB cord.
- On Odin the “added” message should be displayed. Also, the ID:COM section should be yellow.
- If not, install the SGS3 drivers on the PC and repeat the steps.
- From Odin select “PDA” and pick the update file which has been downloaded before.
- Click on “start”.
- Don’t make any other changes in Odin.
- In the end the “pass” message should be displayed on Odin.
- You can unplug the USB cord and reboot the phone.
- The first boot will take longer than usual.
So, there you have it; that was the how to procedure that can be used for manually updating the Samsung Galaxy S3 to official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXELL4 Premium Suite ROM Firmware. You can now test the latest Android features on your S3 so share your impressions and thoughts with us and with other users by using the comments area from below. Also, stay close for further step by step guides and Android related news.