The latest Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta builds are now live for the Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE US Models. You can use this post if you want to learn how to successfully install one of these builds on your device.
PA 4.5 Beta 3 is the latest build released at this date, but the Paranoid Android team will continue to release several others and complete the roll out with a PA 4.5 Stable release. PA 4.5 Beta builds are based on stock AOSPA Android 4.4.4 KitKat and on the Android L Preview, a stock that is currently available only for some Nexus devices. You can read more about this release here and here.
If you want to install this new ROM on your device, then you will first have to read the preparation info below:
- use this guide only with the Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE US models.
– your phone’s model number under Settings> About Phone should display one of the following versions: d2att, d2cri, d2mtr, d2spr, d2tmo, d2usc, d2vzw.
– do not try to update any other Android devices with the files that you will find in this post.
- your Galaxy S3 has to be rooted and running the latest CWM or TWRP Recovery image.
- in the tutorial you will find two extra steps: NANDROID Backup and Factory Reset.
– NANDROID Backup: this one will set a restore point for your smartphone, one that you can use in case the new PA 4.5 Beta ROM doesn’t boot in normal mode after installation.
– Factory Reset: apply this step and you will wipe the system memory clean by removing all the files that were installed by the previous ROM. Note: if your device already runs on a PA 4.5 Beta ROM builds, then you can skip this step and flash the latest version over the older one without any problems.
– the ‘factory reset’ process will not remove any data from internal nor external storage.
- if you wish to save some save games or any other type of files from various installed apps, then we suggest you use Helium for Android.
– Contacts info can be synced with your default Gmail account.
- this is a guide for advanced Android users, you can held us responsible in case you brick the phone nor in case you end up losing any data in the process.
- check the battery power level and make sure that it is over 50%, this will prevent the Galaxy S3 LTE from switching off during the installation process of Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta ROM.
- read the whole guide and make sure not to skip any steps.
Get to the next part of this guide in order to learn how to flash a brand new ROM for your smartphone.
How to install PA 4.5 Beta ROM for your Galaxy S3 LTE (US Models):
- Download the latest PA 4.5 Beta builds from here.
- Download Gapps for this ROM from here.
- Copy both zip files to your Galaxy S3 internal storage.
– do not unzip the contents of the zip file.
– if you’ve downloaded the files straight to your device’s internal storage then you can skip this step.
- Switch off the Galaxy S3 now.
- Boot your phone in Custom Recovery Mode.
- Create a NANDROID Backup:
– for CWM select ‘backup and restore’, while for TWRP you should press ‘Backup’ option. Set a name for the file and complete the process.
- Apply the ‘Factory Reset’ Now.
– for CWM select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’, while for TWRP you should use the ‘Wipe’ option. Confirm process and then continue to the next step.
- Start the PA 4.5 Beta ROM install for your US Galaxy S3 LTE:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: press Install.
- Find the ROM zip file and confirm the installation. After the PA 4.5 Beta ROM is installed you can flash Gapps zip, too.
- Reboot your phone in normal mode after all files are installed successfully.
– note that the first boot process of this new ROM will take somewhere around ten minutes to load all files.
– don’t press any buttons until you see the home screen of your device.
- Use the Google account info in order to take full control over your Galaxy S3 LTE new Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta ROM.
These were the steps that you had to follow in order to complete the tutorial.
If the installation fails, then you will need to try and repeat the whole guide without skipping any steps listed above. Make sure to use the comments field in case you require any extra help.