If there are many custom ROMs available for the international model of the Samsung Galaxy S4, the US version of the smartphone can be updated only with few firmwares; anyway, now we have a new custom software for your device, as the Nightly LiquidSmooth v2.5 JB 4.2.2 custom ROM has been made available for the Verizon Galaxy S4 (model number I545). So, as we have used you, during a dedicated step by step guide we will be checking on how to easily install the new custom update on your Android based device.
LiquidSmooth is a powerful custom ROM that brings default and extra features for your Galaxy S4 I545. Furthermore, this is the latest version of the firmware, the 2.5 nightly variant, so you will get the latest apps and capabilities developed by the LiquidSmooth team. The ROM is based on stock Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS, but you will not receive the stock Android experience, as the custom software is coming with its own looks and features. Also, LiquidSmooth is stable, without errors or bugs, so the platform will smoothly run on your Verizon SGS4.
As you know, LiquidSmooth is a popular custom ROM firmware, the system being available for many Android based handsets (you can learn how to apply the 2.4 version of the software on the Galaxy S2 by using our guide – check the link from here). The best is that the platform is fast and it will optimize and customize the system of your Galaxy S4 in order to improve the performances, upgrade the battery life and personalize the Jelly Bean experience.
By following this guide you will learn how to easily and safely install the LiquidSmooth JB 4.2.2 custom ROM on your Verizon Galaxy S4 I545, so don’t perform anything without consulting the lines explained here. Do remember that this is not an official Android 4.2.2 update released by Samsung for your SGS4 therefore consider the tutorial risky and complex – try not to mess things up as you can end up in bricking your smartphone.
It will be important to start this guide with the pre requisites. In this way you will be able to make things properly; else you will have to return and apply the preparation tasks as without the same the custom ROM can’t be installed on your phone.
- Your Samsung Galaxy S4 I545 must be rooted and installed with CWM recovery, or with any other custom recovery image.
- First gain root access because CWM recovery can be installed only on rooted systems.
- Root the S4 because LiquidSmooth is an unofficial update and the unofficial updates can be applied only on unchained systems.
- Then, flash CWM recovery because the ROM file will be installed by using the mentioned tool; you can’t apply the software without using a custom recovery image.
- The Galaxy S4 warranty will get void and its data will be erased (a wipe will have to be performed).
- Related to the warranty, this is happening because you will root the phone; don’t worry though as the warranty can be restored – you need to downgrade the device to stock Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS, or you need to update to an official release of the Android system.
- Related to your data, personal info and accounts, you will have to previously backup the same; else you will lose everything that is saved on the internal storage memory of your handset.
- A final note related to the backup operation: ensure that you are saving everything that’s important to you, including EFS folder, internet settings and the current ROM – by making a Nandroid backup.
Of course a computer or notebook will have to be used, your handset must be charged (plug the charger in if there is less than 60% power left) and the USB debugging option must be enabled on your Galaxy S4 (you will have to connect your handset with the computer). Also, for avoiding the unpleasant situations, deactivate the security options and programs that are running on both computer and phone and remember to apply the LiquidSmooth JB 4.2.2 custom ROM firmware only on the Verizon model of the Samsung Galaxy S4, model number I545 (this tutorial is compatible only with the mentioned device).
How to Update Verizon Galaxy S4 I545 with LiquidSmooth JB 4.2.2 Custom ROM Firmware
- By using the link from here download the update file on your computer.
- Then, use the link from here and download the Google Apps package.
- Save the files but don’t unzip them.
- Connect your S4 with the PC; use the USB cable.
- Take the downloaded files and place the same on your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the devices and turn off your device.
- Reboot the phone by pressing the Power, Volume Up and Home buttons; in this way you can enter the recovery mode.
- From there first of all wipe the system; select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Return to recovery menu and select “install zip from sd card” and “choose zip from sd card”.
- Pick the firmware file and flash it.
- Then, repeat the process, pick the Google Apps package and flash the same.
- Then, select “+++go back+++” followed by “reboot system now” and you are done.
Great; your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 I545 has been updated with the Nightly LiquidSmooth Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM firmware. As mentioned the software comes without bugs and issues, so the platform is stable. Anyway, do share your experience and opinions about the OS with us by using the comments field.