Update Galaxy S4 Mini I9195 to Official JB 4.2.2 UBUAMF5 Firmware
The first official OTA update has been released for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini model number I9195 and since the update is being rolled out in phases and gradually, maybe you will want to learn how to manually flash the stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2 UBUAMF5 firmware on your S4 Mini. If so, don’t hesitate and use our method which will easily and fast take you through the flashing operation.
The update has been release by Samsung in Chile, but since we are talking about the stock ROM, anyone who owns the SGS4 Mini I9195 will be able to manually update their smartphones with the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean UBUAMF5 OS. Also, don’t worry as the update operation isn’t complicated and as you will see you will flash the firmware in just a couple of minutes. This operation is quite similar with the OTA one, the difference being that on this method you need to use a computer from where you will apply the ROM.
On your computer you will have to previously install Odin (we will talk about this a little bit later so be patience) which is an official tool developed and provided by Samsung. The best is that for this update operation you don’t have to own a rooted smartphone; but in case your Galaxy S4 Mini has been rooted, now the root access will be revoked, the warranty restored and the default version of the Jelly Bean OS reinstalled along with the factory and default restrictions. Don’t worry though as you will be able to root the new UBUAMF5 system – follow a suitable guide when trying to do the same.
So far, here is what you should know: you will not void the warranty of your device as this is an official update procedure; the stock Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean UBUAMF5 is suitable with any Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini model number I9195 only if you manually install the firmware; Odin will be used on the update operation; you don’t have to root your phone for being able to complete this step by step guide.
But even though this isn’t a complex and risky method, you still have to be careful and you still have to prepare some things or else the guide won’t work for you. So, first of all do a backup for avoiding the unpleasant situations. You see, considering that this is a manual flashing procedure, while doing the same your data might get wiped out; that’s why you should save everything that’s important for you first.
Then, resume the pre requisites by ensuring that a Windows running computer is somewhere near you. Of course the S4 Mini and its official USB cable will be required. Now, we have the classic guidelines: the security tools that are running on your computer must be deactivated or uninstalled; the USB debugging option must be checked on your phone; the battery of your device should be charged if there is less than 60% power left; you should complete this tutorial only if you own the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini I9195; the Android JB 4.2.2 UBUAMF5 has been released by Samsung only for the mentioned smartphone.
You are ready to begin the update operation, so let’s get stated.
How to Update Galaxy S4 Mini I9195 to Official JB 4.2.2 UBUAMF5 Firmware
- First, get the firmware file.
- The software can be downloaded from here.
- Save the file on the computer and unzip it on desktop.
- Then, download Samsung KIES on your computer.
- By using the KIES install the Galaxy S4 Mini drivers on your computer –skip this step if the drivers are already installed.
- Finally, download Odin.
- Then, install and run the app on your computer.
- Turn off your handset.
- Reboot by pressing Volume Down, Home and Power buttons at the same time for reaching download mode.
- Connect your phone with the computer and take a look on Odin.
- If there is the “added” message displayed and the ID:COM section turned yellow or blue everything is working as expected. If different, it means that Odin didn’t recognize your phone.
- In that case you will have to unplug the USB cable, close Odin, and reinstall the drivers on the computer. Then, repeat the steps from the beginning.
- From Odin you should then select “PDA”.
- From the menu that opens pick the firmware file from desktop.
- On Odin, you shouldn’t make any other changes – the re-partition box should be unchecked.
- Return on the main Odin window and press the “Start” button.
- The flashing operation will begin.
- When ended, on Odin the “pass” message will be displayed.
- You can safely disconnect the handset from the computer; also reboot your smartphone.
In case Odin gets stuck, you need to close the program, remove the USB cable, force restart your device and reinstall the drivers on the computer. Then, return to the up-explained guide and repeat all the steps from the beginning. Also, if your S4 Mini gets stuck in a boot loop, you will have to reboot the phone in recovery mode – press Volume Up, Power and Home buttons; from there select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”; return and reboot. For any other problems, go and use this step by step guide.
There you have it; that was the method to use when trying to manually update the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini to official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean UBUAMF5 firmware. If you have something to share with us or with others who might want to use this guide, use the comments area from below.