Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 Receives Android 4.3 Update
After the Galaxy S4 I9505 received the Android 4.3 update yesterday, now it’s I9500′s turn to be updated to the latest Android firmware. Once again we are reminding you that at the Galaxy Note 3 and Gear launch event Samsung promised that Android 4.3 will be pushed to the Galaxy S4 in October, and we are glad to hear that the Koreans kept their word.
As usual, the unlocked Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 units will be the first to received the Android 4.3 update, so if your your smartphone is carrier-locked you will have to wait a few more months until the new firmware is pushed to your device. You might also want to know that this is a staged roll out, so not all the markets will receive the update in the same time.
According to SamMobile, the Android 4.3 update for Samsung Galaxy S4 will improve the speed of your device. The AnTuTu Benchmark scores raised from 25-26K with Android 4.2.2 to 29-30K on Android 4.3.
Samsung didn’t release the official change log for the Android 4.3 update for Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500, but the folks at Sammobile managed to compile a report with some of the changes brought by the new firmware. Here’s what they’ve found:
- TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
- ANT+ Support
- Samsung KNOX Implementation (KNOX bootloader and dedicated application)
- Samsung Wallet comes pre-loaded
- Improved RAM management
- Improved Display colour reproduction (Display looks much sharper than before)
- Improved TouchWiz Launcher (Much less launcher redraws and less lag)
- New Samsung Keyboard
- New Samsung Browser (Full screen by default, new tab interface and more)
- New Reading Mode (Optimises display for reading, used by only a few specific applications)
- New Camera firmware
- Minor UI tweaks (Contacts app, Flashlight Widget, dialog boxes etc)
If you haven’t receive the software update notification on your Galaxy S4 I9500 you should know that you can check for it manually. In order to do so head to Settings > More > About device > Software Update and hit the check for updates button several times. Alternatively, you can hook up your I9500 to the PC using the USB cable and check for the new firmware via KIES.
As a reminder, the Galaxy S4 I9500 comes with a 5-inch full HD Super AMOLED display, octo-core Exynos 5 Octa chipset, 2 GB of RAM, 16/32/64 GB storage with microSD card support, WiFi, NFC, LTE, IR blaster, Bluetooth 4.0, and a 13 MP camera with 1080p@30fps video recording.
Did you get Android 4.3 on your Samsung Galaxy S4? Please let us know in the comments section below.