Update Galaxy S4 with WanamLite JB 4.2.2 Custom ROM
If you want to customize, optimize and improve the performances of your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505, then you must learn how to install a custom ROM firmware into its system. In order to help you out, today, I will teach you how to update your Galaxy S4 with the new WanamLite Jelly Bean 4.2.2 custom software, the preparation procedure along with the flashing operation being explained during some easy to follow and to complete steps. So, if you want to learn more about the WanamLite platform check the present tutorial.
WanamLite is based on the stock Android 4.2.2 XXUAME2 OS and comes with stock features, apps and capabilities along with custom and extra ones. By flashing this Jelly Bean based firmware on your Galaxy S4 I9505 you will be able to obtain more power from your phone, resolve the battery drain and hitting issues, improve the performances, customize and optimize the looks, access the internal system and improve the battery life. The ROM is stable, without bugs or things that are working properly, so WanamLite will smoothly run on your SGS4.
Furthermore, the software is rooted, deodexed, zipaligned and installed with Busybox therefore you have all the reasons for flashing WanamLite on your Galaxy S4. Anyway, this is not the only firmware available for your smartphone; if you want to check the other custom ROMs suitable with your phone don’t hesitate and check our “update Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505” page. Now, the custom OS has been developed and rolled out by the xda-developed team so we have to thanks them for this step by step guide – all the credits go to them.
During the following list I have explained other aspects related to the present operation and I have also described how you can prepare your handset for the installation procedure that will follow. So, check the next lines and don’t skip this section because it is the most relevant one.
- We are dealing with a custom ROM and not with an official Jelly Bean 4.2.2 update; therefore if you want to apply this tutorial, you will first have to root your phone (skip this step if your handset has been already rooted).
- Then, you have to install a custom recovery image on your Galaxy S4; the custom recovery image can be flashed only on a rooted OS and it will be used on the update operation, so you shouldn’t skip this part.
- The warranty of your smartphone will get void. If needed, you will be able to restore the same by only by downgrading / updating to stock / official Android OS; of course then the WanamLite ROM will be replaced with the official JB system and the root access will be revoked.
- You need to backup the Galaxy S4 data because a wipe will be required.
- Save the EFS folder, internet settings and all of your personal data, info and accounts.
- Also, make a Nandroid backup by using the custom recovery image.
- A computer, your device and its USB cord will be required.
- On the computer and S4 there shouldn’t be any security tools installed; if different uninstall or deactivate the programs.
- Enable the USB debugging option on your phone and charge the battery – if there is less than 50% power left.
Those were the pre requisites, or the tasks that must be applied before heading to the next, and final, section of this step by step guide. But before that, it should be clear for you that this tutorial is compatible only with the Samsung Galaxy S4 model number I9505; don’t install the WanamLite Jelly Bean 4.2.2 custom ROM by using this guide if you own a different smartphone because you probably end up in bricking your device.
How to Update Galaxy S4 with WanamLite JB 4.2.2 Custom ROM Firmware
- Use the link from here and download the firmware on your computer.
- It is important not to unzip the file.
- You then need to connect the phone with the computer (of course use the USB cable).
- Take the software file from the computer and drop it on your phone’s SD card.
- Then, unplug the USB cable.
- Reboot your smartphone into recovery mode (first turn it off, then press the Power, Volume Up and Home buttons at the same time).
- From recovery mode select “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvik cache”.
- Select “+++go back+++” – you will be back on the recovery menu.
- From there, this time select “install zip from SD card” and “choose zip from SD card”.
- Select the WanamLite file and flash the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 firmware on your Galaxy S4.
- In the end, select “+++go back+++”once more, followed by “reboot system now”.
Congratulations, your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 has been successfully updated to custom Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS as the WanamLite ROM has been installed. As mentioned according to those who had already tried the software, there are no bugs or issues, but in case you do find something that isn’t working properly, share the problems with us and with other users by using the comments area from below.