Update Galaxy Tab 10.1 to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 with Slim Bean Custom ROM
For those who want to remove the unnecessarily apps and bloatware tools for gaining more speeds on their Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, I bring the Slim Bean custom ROM firmware. By updating your tablet with this software, you will customize and optimize the performances of your device and also you will install the latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS into its system, as the Slim Bean ROM is being based on the latest ports of the CM10 and AOKP platforms. So, if you do want to test this update on your Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G, or WiFi model, follow and complete this step by step guide.
The Slim Bean firmware is a popular custom ROM as it can be installed on several Android powered handsets; by using our how to guides you can learn how to flash the mentioned software on devices like Galaxy Note N7000, Galaxy S2, Google Nexus 4, Google Nexus 7 and more. As you see, you have nothing to worry about because the OS that you are about to install on your Galaxy Tab 10.1 is not a new one and the devs are having the required experience when coming to stable and powerful OS improvements. Of course for that we have to thanks the xda-developers team, who is behind the Slim Bean project, meaning that the software has nothing to do with Samsung (it is an unofficial update).
Now, as mentioned in the introduction, the Slim Bean ROM is well known for its performances as it removes the unnecessarily programs from your device. In this way you can easily improve the speeds that can be provided by your tablet and also power up the rest of its capabilities. Furthermore you will be able to install a new user interface, new themes and background images because the Slim Bean software it’s coming with its own looks. Remember that once you flash the Slim Bean firmware you will update your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 and install the same with AOKP and CM10 features.
If you want to learn more about this platform and about its features I recommend you to head to our source page by using the link from here. You will find there all the info needed. Then, return to this tutorial and follow the rest of the steps for learning how to easily update the Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G and WiFi model with the Android 4.1.2 based Slim Bean custom ROM firmware. For that, you need to perform the pre requisites first; the same are being explained and detailed below so check it out.
- Backup the Galaxy Tab 10.1 data; save the messages, contacts, internet settings, EFS, market apps and everything else you need to because a full wipe of the internal system will have to be applied a little bit later (don’t worry I will show you how to do it).
- Perform a Nandroid backup if possible.
- Slim Bean is not an official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for your Tab 10.1 so Samsung has nothing to do with this operation.
- Because of that you first have to root your tablet and install a custom recovery image (CWM recovery for example) on your device.
- Do the root first, as the internal system will be unchained. Furthermore, the recovery image can be flashed only on a rooted system.
- Once you start the root operation, the warranty of your tablet will be void. That’s why you must follow a step by step guide like the present one; don’t apply things by yourselves because you can end up in owning a bricked Galaxy Tab 10.1.
- You can restore the warranty by downgrading to the stock ROM or by flashing an official software on your Tab 10.1.
Those were the complex and risky preparation tasks, but if you have completed them you are almost ready for the update procedure. Before that, you also have to apply the general pre requisites, which can be performed faster and easier than the ones explained above. For easing your work I have explained them on a list, just like the previous one.
- You need to use a Windows running computer with Internet connection enabled, your tablet and its USB cable.
- For avoiding the unpleasant situations, first of all uninstall or deactivate the security protection that is being installed on your computer and Tab 10.1.
- Because of the same reasons, take your tablet and check its battery status: if you notice that the power left is less than 50% go and charge the battery; else you can skip this step.
- Enable the USB debugging option on your Galaxy Tab 10.1.
- Complete this tutorial only if you own and want to update the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 model number GT-P7510 or GT-P7500 with this variant of Slim Bean Jelly Bean 4.1.2 custom ROM as the firmware works only for the mentioned devices.
How to Update Galaxy Tab 10.1 to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 with Slim Bean Custom ROM Firmware
- Use the link from here and download the update file for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G model.
- Or, use the link from here and download the update file for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi model.
- Of course save the file on your computer.
- Next, use the USB cable and connect the tablet with the PC.
- Then place the downloaded file on your tablet and remove the USB cord.
- Turn off the Galaxy Tab and reboot into recovery mode.
- For succeeding with that you need to press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons.
- Remember to backup the data before completing the below steps.
- From the recovery menu first select to wipe the data: “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “Wipe Dalvik Cache”.
- Return to recovery and from there now select “install zip from sd card” and “choose zip from sd card”.
- Pick the update file from your tablet and start the installation procedure.
- When the process is ended select “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now”.
You are finally done as the tutorial has been successfully completed. You now know how to update the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS with the Slim Bean custom ROM firmware. Take note that the software is still in developing process meaning that there might be minor bugs in the system. So, test the OS and see how it performs; then return here and use the comments area for sharing the problems and your thoughts with us.