Update Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5113 to Android 4.2.2 UEUCMH2 Jelly Bean Firmware
The WiFi version of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, which is model number P5113, can now be updated to official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS. This is the OTA release of the Android system, as the UEUCMH2 firmware has been pushed out by Samsung recently. But if your tablet didn’t received the notification yet, or if your device is rooted, then use this tutorial and learn how to manually update your Tab 2 10.1 P5113 to stock Android 4.2.2 UEUCMH2 Jelly Bean software.
The UEUCMH2 is not a major update as the new Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS comes with few improvements that are mostly addressed to the issues that have been reported on the previous version of Android firmware. So, if you choose to flash JB 4.2.2 ROM on your WiFi Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, you will be able to enjoy a more stable platform that comes without bugs or things that aren’t working properly. Furthermore, your tablet will perform faster while the battery drain issue will be long gone.
So, as mentioned before, the UEUCMH2 software has been OTA released by Samsung for the P5113 model of Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. Anyway unfortunately not all the tablets will receive the update at the same time, while some models will not receive it at all. Also, if you have previously rooted your device, then you won’t be able to apply the OTA ROM. Because of that I have developed this step by step guide; use the guidelines from below if you want to learn how to safely install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS on your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5113 (WiFi version).
Since we are not flashing a custom ROM, root access isn’t required for this tutorial. Furthermore, the steps from below will work for both rooted and locked tablets, therefore you don’t have to worry about these aspects no more. Also, there is no need to install a custom recovery image, because for the update operation we will be using Odin and no other app or custom program. Odin is an official tool, developed by Samsung and offered especially for updating procedures. That’s why, by applying the Android 4.2.2 UEUCMH2 firmware on your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, the warranty will not get void. Actually, if currently your handset is rooted, or if you have lost the warranty, now you can restore the same.
Good, you are almost ready to begin the proper guide. But first, let’s see what you need to prepare as after all you are using a manual update operation. The first thing to do is to backup the Tab 2 10.1 data, or at least that data that is saved on the internal storage memory. In rare cases, in the end of the flashing procedure, your device might get stuck in a boot loop. Well, if that happens, you will be forced to wipe the system which means that all of your personal info and accounts will be erased. So, before going any further, backup the text messages, call logs, market apps, personal accounts and everything else that’s important to you.
Up next, you should prepare a computer or notebook, as you will have to use the same. The computer should be running on Windows and on the same you should deactivate the security protection because the programs like antivirus or antimalware can interfere with the update procedure. Also, your tablet’s USB cord will be required, so the same should be near you. From your tablet, you need to enable USB debugging; you can do it by going to “settings -> applications -> development”. Updating to Android 4.2.2 will take a few minutes, so if the battery power is lower than 50%, charge your Tab 2 10.1. Finally, just remember that this step by step guide is being compatible only with the WiFi Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 model number P5113; apply the stock UEUCMH2 software only on the mentioned Android based device.
How to Update Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5113 to Android 4.2.2 UEUCMH2 Jelly Bean Firmware
- Download the Android 4.2.2 JB update file from here.
- Unzip the update package on desktop.
- Download Samsung KIES. Use the same for installing the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 drivers on your computer; skip this step in case the drivers are already installed.
- Download Odin.
- Unzip the file, install the program and in the end run Odin on your computer.
- Turn off your tablet.
- Press the power, volume down and home buttons together until your Tab 2 10.1 boots into download mode.
- Connect your handset with the computer via USB cable.
- Odin will recognize your tablet: ID:COM will turn yellow or blue while “added” message will be displayed.
- If not, it means you need to retry the process once more; but before doing that reinstall the drivers on your computer once more.
- From Odin now select “PDA”.
- Then, pick the firmware file from desktop.
- Click on “start” without changing anything else on Odin.
- Wait while the process is running.
- You will be done when the “pass” message will be displayed and when the ID:COM will turn green.
- Now, unplug the USB cord and reboot your tablet.
- As mentioned, in rare cases your device might get stuck in a boot loop; if that happens, reboot in recovery and select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”; return and reboot your Tab 2 10.1.
- Also, Odin might get stuck; for resolving the problem, close Odin, remove the USB cable, force restart your tablet, reflash the drivers on the computer and repeat the update operation from step 1.
That was all for today; well, you now know how to manually update the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5113 to Android 4.2.2 UEUCMH2 Jelly Bean Firmware. This is the official Android OS, but don’t worry as soon new custom ROMs (based on Android 4.3) will be developed for your tablet too; so stay close as we will update you with fresh step by step guides as soon as something new comes out.