If you want to install the latest official Android updates on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 then you should know that a new OTA has been rolled out for your Android tablet. The new OS improvement is dubbed as ZCUANA2 and represents only a minor update that comes to resolve the bugs reported and some force closes errors. Thus this firmware is still Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean system, though the ZCUANA2 software is more stable and smooth then the previous versions of JB that were released for Galaxy Tab 3 10.1.
Therefore, as I have stated before, if you want to install the ZCUANA2 Android 4.2.2 official update on your Tab 3 10.1 then you should use this step by step guide. The ZCUANA2 is also OTA available but only in limited markets. Furthermore, when talking about OTA launches, you should know that the software is being offered in phases or gradually which means that some users will receive the notification sooner than others. So, if you want to use a manual update method for flashing official ZCUANA2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS, then this tutorial will be more than useful for you.
It should be clear for you that you will install the official Android update on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 and not a custom ROM. That’s why this manual update operation is official and uses only safe programs (Odin will be used – the program is developed and offered by Samsung so you have nothing to worry about) and not custom or risky tools. Anyway, you should check the guidelines from below, as if you somehow manage to mess things up, you can also end up in bricking your Android tablet.
Since ZCUANA2 is the official Android 4.2.2 update, the same can be installed (manually) on both rooted and locked Galaxy Tab 3 10.1. In fact, if currently your tablet is rooted, after completing this tutorial, the root access will be revoked. Because of that this guide can be used for restoring the warranty of your Android device (the warranty usually gets void when performing unofficial operations such as gaining root access) and for fixing your bricked Android tablet (for example you can brick your Tab 3 while trying to install a custom ROM firmware). Thus, the best will be to bookmark this procedure as who knows when you will need it.
As I have already specified, ZCUANA2 is only a minor update released for your Galaxy Tab 3 10.1. The firmware brings only bug fixes and stability improvements and no new features, apps or capabilities. Anyway, you should flash the ROM if you want to run your tablet on a stable and smooth firmware that has no bugs, things that aren’t working properly or lags. Also, you should always apply the official updates for receiving the best Android experience and for resolving all the problems that were spotted on previous versions of the platform.
But for being able to complete this guide you should first complete the pre requisites list from below. Don’t skip this section as you can end up in damaging your device and not in updating it. Also, this section represents the most important part of the present tutorial, so be careful and apply all the tasks explained and detailed below.
- Backup your tablet in order to save everything that you might use afterwards. I know that when using Odin it is unlikely to lose something, but when talking about personal data, info and accounts you can never be too sure.
- So, take your time and use dedicated backup and restore apps from Google Play for saving the data from the internal storage memory of your tablet.
- Then, make sure that you can use a Windows running computer; also the Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 and its USB cable must be near you since a connection between your device and your computer must be established.
- Due to same reasons, first of all, on your device go to “menu – settings – developer options” and enable the USB debugging option.
- Moreover, from your computer temporarily deactivate the security protection because the antivirus or antimalware programs might interfere with the update operation.
- If your Android tablet has less than 60% power left (check the battery status in that matter) before doing anything else plug in the charger.
- In case your Tab 3 gets turned off in the middle of the installation procedure, your device might also get bricked.
- Android 4.2.2 ZCUANA2 Jelly Bean OS has been officially rolled out for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 model number P5200. Because of that this step by step guide is compatible only with the mentioned Android tablet, so try not to mess thing up.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 P5200 to ZCUANA2 Official Android 4.2.2 JB Firmware
- The first thing to do is to download the required files on your computer; so from here download the Android firmware file, then download Odin and Samsung KIES.
- Save all these files on desktop.
- First unzip Odin and install the program by following the on-screen prompts.
- Then on the same folder as Odin unzip the update file.
- Finally, the Galaxy Tab 3 drivers must be installed on your computer; in order to do that you can use Samsung KIES.
- Now, run Odin on your computer and also turn off your tablet.
- Enter your device in download mode: press and hold power, volume down and home buttons at the same time.
- Up next, connect your Tab 3 with your computer; plug in the USB cable in that matter.
- Take a look on Odin as now on the program the “added” message must be displayed and the ID:COM section must be yellow or blue.
- If not, you will have to close the program, to unplug the USB cord and to force restart your device; then retry the process explained above.
- From Odin the first thing to select is “PA”. Then from the window that will be displayed choose the ZCUANA firmware file.
- It is important not to change anything else from Odin; at this point you should click on “start”.
- Wait while the update is being flashed; in the end the “pass” message will be displayed while the ID:COM section will turn green.
- Just remove the USB cable and reboot your handset as you are done.
Good job; you have manually installed Android 4.2.2 ZCUANA Jelly Bean official update on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1. That was all for now, so just enjoy the new software on your Android tablet. Also, don’t forget about us and share your thoughts and experience with our team by using the comments field from below.