Update Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T211 with stock JB 4.1.2 T211ZSAMH1 Firmware
The Hong Kong and Taiwan models of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 had received a new OTA update as the T211ZSAMH1 firmware has been rolled out. Unfortunately we are not talking about a major improvement because the platform is still Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS. As you know, the same is coming pre-installed on the Tab 3, so nothing impressive so far. But even though the T211ZSAMH1 software is not a major OS improvement, the firmware is still coming with several bug fixes and stability updates, so the best will be to apply the ROM on your Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T211 – if you don’t know how, I will show you in a minute.
As stated, the T211ZSAMH1 OS has been OTA rolled out in Hong Kong and Taiwan at least for now, but those who have the WiFi version of Tab 3 model number SM-T211 can anytime manually flash the same firmware on their devices. This guide will make the same thing as the guidelines from below will show you how to manually flash the new Jelly Bean 4.1.2 OS on your Galaxy Tab 3 tablet. The best is that the tutorial can be safely used by those who have a rooted handset (on unlocked devices the OTA released can’t be received) or by those who want restore the warranty of their tablets (the warranty usually gets void when rooting, unlocking the bootloader or updating with a custom ROM).
As you can already tell, the steps from below will be compatible with both rooted and unrooted versions of the WiFi Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T211. But after flashing the JB 4.1.2 T211ZSAMH1 firmware the factory restrictions will be installed, which means that if you currently use a rooted tablet, after completing this guide the root access will be revoked. The same will happen with the bootloader, which will be relocked.
If root access isn’t required, it means that CWM recovery or any other custom recovery will not be used on the installation process. Actually for updating to stock T211ZSAMH1 Android 4.1.2, you will have to use Odin. Odin is a complex tool that will be installed on a Windows running computer. Well, then, by using the program and your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 you will apply the update from the computer to your device. The operation will be easy to complete, so you have nothing to worry about.
The only thing to take care before heading to the update operation that is described below is the backup. Even though it is unlikely to lose your data while using Odin, you can never be too sure, especially when talking about personal saves and info. That’s why, I recommend you to save your contacts, messages, call logs, EFS folder, market apps and basically everything that’s saved on the internal storage memory of your Tab 3. Then return here and resume the guidelines from below.
I have mentioned something about a Windows running computer; well Odin can be installed only on the same, so you better make sure that you can access such a device. Then, for avoiding the unpleasant situations, from both computer and handset deactivate the security (antivirus, antimalware, Firewall and so on) protection. Due to same considerations, charge the battery of your tablet (only if there is less than 50% power left) and enable the USB debugging option from the same device (go to path: “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”).
Of course the stock JB 4.1.2 T211ZSAMH1 firmware that has been already released by Samsung in Hong Kong and Taiwan is compatible only with the Galaxy Tab 3 model number SM-T211. Applying the same software on a different Android based device will probably brick the handset.
How to Update Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T211 with stock JB 4.1.2 T211ZSAMH1 Firmware
- On the computer download Samsung KIES and first of all install the Tab 3 drivers.
- Then, download Odin.
- Unzip the program and install the same.
- Run Odin on your computer.
- Finally, download the Jelly Bean firmware file from here.
- Unzip the update on desktop.
- Boot your tablet in download mode.
- For download mode: first turn off your device; then press on home, power and volume down buttons at the same time; release the buttons after few seconds.
- Connect your Tab 3 with the computer via USB cable.
- Odin will recognize your device: the added message will be showed up and the ID:COM box will turn yellow or blue.
- If the same isn’t appearing on Odin, then you will have to reinstall the Tab 3 drivers on your computer; next repeat the steps from above and retry.
- By selecting the “PDA” option from Odin you will be able to pick the update file; so do that.
- Then, ensure that the re-partition and f.reset time options are being unchecked.
- Begin the flashing process by clicking on “start”.
- The update will be applied when the “pass” message will be displayed and when ID:COM section will turn green.
- Only then you will be able to remove the USB cord and reboot your tablet.
- Note: if Odin gets stuck or stops running – close it; also disconnect the devices and force restart your tablet; recommended is to reinstall the Tab 3 drivers in this case; after doing the same try the update process once more.
- Note 2: if your handset gets stuck in a boot loop: reboot in recovery mode and select “wipe data factory reset” followed by “wipe cache partition”; return to main menu of recovery and reboot by choosing “reboot system now”.
Congratulations, your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 (WiFi model) SM-T211 has been manually updated to official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean T211ZSAMH1 firmware. Stay close as soon we will have suitable guides that will teach you how to update your tablet with Android 4.2.2 and even with Jelly Bean 4.3 software. Also, use the comments field from below for talking with us or with other Android users.