Samsung released a new OTA update for the Galaxy Trend in China and since there are still no words about an Android 4.3 launch, this new official Android 4.1.2 ZMAMG1 firmware should be just perfect for those looking into getting the latest features and bug fixes for the Galaxy Trend S7898. The software can be OTA received and applied only on locked devices, meaning that if you own a rooted smartphone your Trend will not receive any notification. In that case a manual update operation will be required therefore you will have to use the present step by step guide.
As usual, when dealing with official updates, the OTA is being released in phases or gradually. Therefore, some of the Galaxy Trend users will receive the JB 4.1.2 ZMAMG1 OS sooner than others. Anyway, do remember that the firmware has been launched only in China and only for the S7898 version of the mentioned handset. If you have the same device and want to manually flash the new and latest stock Android OS, then use this guide as the steps from below will show you how to apply the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 ROM without dealing with complex or risky procedures.
When updating Samsung devices with official ROMs, Odin is usually used. Well, the same will be happening while trying to apply the ZMAMG1 firmware. Odin is a tool developed by Samsung and used on these types of operations which means that you shouldn’t worry – the tool is official so nothing bad will happen with your phone.
Also, since you are about to install a stock version of Android platform, after completing this guide your Galaxy Trend warranty will be restored (if it has been previously voided), the factory restrictions will be reinstalled (so the root access will be revoked) and the bootloader will be relocked. In the end, the Android 4.1.2 ZMAMG1 software will run above all.
But since this is a manual update operation a backup is more than recommended. In rare cases while using Odin the data which is saved on the internal storage memory is getting corrupted or wiped out. In order to avoid the unpleasant situations, as you can never be too sure when it comes to your personal info and accounts, you should use suitable backup and restore apps for Google Play for securing your personal info.
On the other hand you will have to ensure that a Windows computer can be used because Odin can be installed only on Windows based devices. Furthermore, on the computer and on your Galaxy Trend there shouldn’t be installed any security tools. All the antivirus, antimalware and Firewall programs must be deactivated before installing the Android 4.1.2 JB ZMAMG1 firmware. Your phone must be charged or the battery life should indicate more than 60% power left. Else your handset might get turned off in the middle of the update operation. The USB debugging option should be checked on your phone if you want to properly connect the Trend with the computer. You can enable USB debugging by going to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”.
Remember that the ZMAMG1 software has been released only in China and only for the Samsung Galaxy Trend model number S7898. Don’t use these guidelines if you own a similar or different handset as you can end up in bricking your beloved Android based smartphone or tablet.
How to Update Galaxy Trend S7898 to Android 4.1.2 JB with Official ZMAMG1 Firmware
- Install the Galaxy Trend drivers on the computer. Odin will recognize your device only through the drivers. If you don’t have the drivers you can install them via Samsung KIES.
- Download Odin, unzip the package and install the program on the computer.
- Also run Odin on your computer.
- Download the Android update file from here and save the firmware on your computer.
- Unzip the update on desktop and resume the steps from below.
- Turn off your phone.
- Reboot by pressing the power, volume down and home buttons at the same time.
- By doing that your device should be booted into download mode.
- Connect your Trend with the PC via USB cable.
- Take a look on the computer where on Odin the “added” message should be displayed.
- Also, the ID:COM section should be yellow or blue.
- Now, from Odin click on “PDA”.
- Pick the update file from desktop.
- Click on “start”.
- Don’t make any other changes: re-partition and f.reset time section should be unchecked.
- Wait while JB 4.1.2 is being installed on your Galaxy Trend.
- When on Odin the “pass” message will be displayed and when the ID:COM section will turn green, your work will be over.
- Unplug the USB cable and reboot your device.
- Do note that if Odin gets stuck in a boot loop you will have to: close the program, force restart your handset, reinstall the drivers and repeat the steps from above.
- Also, if the phone gets stuck in a boot loop: reboot in recovery, select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”; return to main menu of recovery and select “reboot system now”.
Perfect, you have completed the step by step guide which means that your Samsung Galaxy Trend model number S7898 has been installed with the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ZMAMG1 firmware. Test the new software and see how the ROM acts. Do note if the battery life has been upgraded or if the platform is stable than it used to be. Then, return here and share your results with us and with other users too.