Update Google Nexus 10 with AOKP Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean Custom ROM
The Samsung Google Nexus 10 tablet can now be customized and optimized with a new custom software, the Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean based AOKP custom ROM firmware. The update is stable so you don’t have to worry about bugs or issues as those of xda-developers managed to bring the perfect platform for your Nexus 10. Now, if you are interested in flashing this new custom OS on your device, then completing this step by step guide is all you need to do. You have all the info needed explained and detailed below, so let’s get started.
This is not an official Android 4.2.1 OS released by Samsung for your Google Nexus 10 therefore by installing the AOKP firmware on your tablet you will void its warranty. Also, for being able to perform this operation you will have to first prepare your device. That’s why you should begin the tutorial with the pre requisites which are being listed below. Be careful in what you do because the method explained here is considered risky, meaning that you can end up in bricking your Nexus 10 handset. Anyway, if you apply the next lines everything should be fine, so don’t worry, you are in good hands.
- Your Samsung Google Nexus 10 can be installed with the AOKP custom ROM and updated to Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean only if you previously wipe the system and all the data which is being stored on your tablet. This means that you will lose your personal info. Because of that it is more than recommended to backup the Nexus 10 data before heading to other operations.
- A Nandroid backup is also recommended; in case you don’t like the new OS, or if you need to downgrade to the stock ROM, you can easily restore the software that is now running on your device.
- Unlock the bootloader, root the Nexus 10 and then install a custom recovery image into its system. CWM recovery will be used for the flashing process so you can’t complete this step by step guide without rooting and installing the custom recovery image tool.
- Remember, the warranty will get void. You can restore it by re-installing the stock Android OS, or by updating your tablet with an official firmware provided by Google and Samsung and suitable with your Nexus 10 device.
- You will have to download some files on a Windows running computer; now on the same computer you first need to deactivate the security tools, like antivirus or Firewall.
- Enable the USB debugging option on your tablet.
- If the device has enough battery life (more than 50%) you can skip this step; else you have to charge its battery. If the Nexus 10 get turned off in the middle of the update process you will risk in bricking your device.
- You should complete this tutorial only if you own the Samsung Google Nexus 10 handset. The Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean based AOKP custom update can be installed by following this guide only on the mentioned tablet.
How to Update Google Nexus 10 with AOKP Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean Custom ROM firmware
- Download the update fie by using this link (also by using the same you can head to our source page from where you can learn more about the AOKP software).
- Then, use this link and download the Google Apps package.
- You now need to copy these files from the computer to your tablet.
- For that you first need to connect the device with the PC by using its USB cord.
- Up next, you must boot your Nexus 10 into recovery mode.
- For that first turn off the handset.
- Then reboot by pressing and holding the Volume Up, Volume down and Power buttons together.
- Remember that you must backup the data as the wipe will follow.
- From recovery select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Return by selecting “+++go back+++”.
- Then, choose: “install zip from sd card” and “choose zip from sd card”.
- Pick the update file and install the same. Then re-do the above mentioned step and flash the Google Apps package too.
- In the end select “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now”.
- As a final note, the first boot will take longer than usual, but there is nothing wrong with your tablet.
Congratulations, your Samsung Google Nexus 10 handset has been successfully updated to Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean OS. All this was possible thanks to those of xda-developers who had made available the AOKP custom ROM firmware for your Nexus 10. You should test the new software now; then return here and by using the comments area from below share your thoughts and impressions with us. Also, do tell us how things worked for you or if there were issues while trying to complete this step by step guide (we will try to resolve the same in the shortest time possible).