Update Google Nexus 10 P8110 with Task650 Ktoonsez AOKP ROM ( Android 4.2 custom ROM )
The Google Nexus 10 tablet has received its own variant of an Android 4.2 custom ROM with the Task650 and Ktoonsez name. It is based on the AOKP ROM and it can be used with the P8110 model number of Nexus 10. Read the entire article and you can ask for more help in comments in case you’re having problems completing the installation of this new ROM.
The name of this ROM comes from its developers, Task650 and Ktoonsez. It is based on AOKP Android 4.2 ROM and it comes with an updated kernel Linux 3.4.23 variant and it packs VeNum tweaks, IME toggler, Link volume states, LED options and multiple other new functions. This is not a final release and you should only use it if you’re a tinkerer and you want to test custom ROMs.
Before getting to the tutorial, read the guidelines below and you’ll learn how to successfully prepare your device for the updating process:
- Use this guide only with the Google Nexus 10 tablet. Don’t use this custom ROM with any other Android device.
- Your tablet should be on an unlocked bootloader, rooted and running a custom recovery.
- Create a full NANDROID backup of your current ROM so that it will act as cover in case you cannot use the device after the installation of the new custom ROM.
- Enable USB Debugging option from the Developer Options.
- Charge the tablet’s battery until it reaches at least 50 % power so that it won’t power off during the ROM installation.
- Note that we cannot be blamed in case you lose any important files. That’s why you should move all important data to PC.
- If you have problems installing this new ROM, then you can ask for more help in comments.
Now that you know all of the above, I think that you can move to the tutorial guide below.
How to install Task650 And Ktoonsez AOKP Android 4.2 custom ROM on Google Nexus 10:
- Download the Task650 & Ktoonsex custom ROM from HERE. Save the file on your PC.
- Download Google Apps zip file from here.
- Use the USB cable and connect your computer to your tablet. Move both the custom ROM and the Gapps zip files on its internal SD card.
- Disconnect the tablet from PC. After that you should power it off.
- Boot your Nexus 10 into Fastboot mode. It can be done by pressing at the same time Volume Up, Volume Down and Power. Select ‘Recovery’ option from the Fastboot mode options.
- When in CWM Recovery main menu you can select the ‘backup and restore’ option and then create a backup. If you already have such backup then you can skip step.
- Now, select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option and confirm.
- Next, choose ‘mounts and storage’ and then ‘format /system’. Confirm this process.
- After the formatting actions are complete then you should ‘install zip from sdcard’ and then ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Select the unofficial AOKP Nexus 10 custom ROM. Confirm its install.
- After the custom ROM is installed, select ‘Gapps’ zip. Install it.
- Return to the main Recovery screen and then select ‘reboot system now’.
- Wait for the tablet to boot successfully with this new ROM and then enter your Google Account details.
- Test this unofficial AOKP build of Android 4.2 ROM and tell us which is its best new feature.
In case the tablet doesn’t boot after the first boot process, then you will have to repeat the entire tutorial. Eventually this new custom ROM will install successfully. Also, if you don’t like it then you should use the backup of the previously installed ROM and restore it for your device.
If you have any extra questions about this new ROM or its features, then you can leave a comment below and we will get back to you.
Remember that this is not an official AOKP build ROM, but a release by independent developers and it might still have some errors and bugs. That is why you should use this ROM only for testing purposes.