The official build of Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 is now live and you can install it on your Google Nexus 10 tablet. Read this guide and you should be able to do it without losing any data and without bricking the device.
PA 4.5 Beta 2 ROM is based on Android 4.4.4 KitKat, but it also packs some elements from Google’s future Android L (5.0) release. If you wish to learn more about this ROM then you can check here and here.
Now you can continue to the next part of this post:
- use this guide only wih the Google Nexus 10 tablet, the ‘manta’ model.
– do not try to install this ROM on any other Android device.
- your tablet should be rooted and running the CWM / TWRP Recovery image.
– both custom recovery variants will work with this guide.
- the tutorial contains two extra steps: the NANDROID ROM Backup and Factory Reset.
– don’t skip those steps when you reach them.
– the NANDROID ROM Backup sets a restore point for your device, one that you can use in case the new ROM doesn’t boot in normal mode correctly.
– the ‘Factory Reset’ helps you achieve a clean installation of the new PA 4.5 Beta 2 ROM on your Nexus 10.
– factory reset will wipe the system partition, but it doesn’t remove any data from internal storage.
- in case you want to save data from installed apps you can use the Helium tool for Android.
– also, you can sync Contacts with your default Gmail account.
- make sure that the tablet’s battery is charged and that it won’t switch off during installation.
- this is a guide for advanced users, you cannot blame us in case you end up bricking your device.
- read the entire post, don’t skip any steps, make sure that your Nexus 10 meets all requirements and you should be fine.
Continue to the next part of this post if you wish to learn how to install the new custom KitKat 4.4.4 ROM.
How to install Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 ROM for Google Nexus 10:
- Download the PA 4.5 Beta 2 ROM zip from here.
- Download Gapps for this ROM from here.
- Connect the tablet to your computer, now move both zip files to your tablet’s internal storage.
– do not unzip the files.
– if you’ve downloaded the files straight to your tablet, then you can skip this step.
- Power off the device.
– make sure that your tablet is not connected to your computer.
- Next, boot the Nexus 10 tablet in Custom Recovery Mode.
- First you have to create a full NANDROID Backup.
– CWM: select ‘backup and restore’.
– TWRP: press Backup.
– confirm the process.
- Apply the Factory Reset:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
– TWRP: press Wipe option.
– wait for the factory reset to complete and then continue to the next step.
- Now you can start the installation of PA 4.5 Beta 2 ROM for your Nexus 10:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: press Install.
- Find the Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 ROM zip file and confirm its installation.
– don’t press any buttons until all files are flashed successfully.
- After the Nexus 10 install the Paranoid Android 4.5 you can flash Gapps zip, too. Use the same options as in step 8, locate the Gapps and confirm the process.
- Return to the main Custom Recovery menu after the installation is complete.
- Reboot your tablet now in normal mode.
– please note that the first boot process of this new ROM will take a while before it loads all the new files, so you should be waiting patiently until the Nexus 10 displays its home screen.
- Use your Google profile details in order to take control over your tablet and Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2.
I hope that you’ve managed to complete the installation and that you’re currently testing all the new features of PA 4.5 ROM.
Use the comments field if you need more help. Also, make sure to re-read the guidelines before repeating the entire tutorial, your Google Nexus 10 has to meet all requirements.