The new Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 ROM is now available for the Google Nexus 7 4G LTE 2013 Edition. Use the tutorial below if you wish to learn how to successfully install it on your tablet without bricking its firmware.
Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 is one of the first ROMs to feature some important Android L elements. If you wish to learn more about it and the work done by the developing team on releasing it, then you can check here and here.
Before starting the update you should read the guidelines below:
- use this post only with the Google Nexus 7 LTE codenamed ‘deb’.
– do not try to update any other version of Nexus 7 device.
– if you install this ROM on a different device, then you will brick its firmware.
- the Nexus 7 2013 LTE tablet that you’re about to update has to be rooted and running the latest CWM / TWRP.
– both these types of custom recoveries are supported by this guide.
- in the ‘how-to’ part of this post you will two preparation steps: NANDROID Backup and Factory Reset, do not skip either one.
– the NANDROID ROM Backup creates a complete restore point for your tablet, one that you can use in case the new PA 4.5 Beta 2 ROM doesn’t boot in normal mode.
– Factory Reset: it wipes all data from the system partition, all the files installed by the previous ROM, so that you can clean install PA 4.5 Beta 2 ROM on your Nexus 7 2013 LTE device.
– the ‘factory reset’ process will not remove any data from the internal storage.
- in case you need to save some data from installed apps you can use Helium for Android.
– Contacts and People details can be synced with your default Gmail account.
- check the Nexus 7 2013 LTE battery charge before starting the update, make sure that there is 50% charge left before it completely switches off.
- read the entire guide, do not skip any instructions and do not blame us in case you brick your smartphone in the process.
Continue to the next part of this guide now that you know all of the above.
How to flash Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 ROM for Google Nexus 7 LTE 2013:
- Download the ‘pa_deb-4.5-BETA1-20140805.zip’ ROM zip from here.
- Download Gapps for this ROM from here.
- Connect your tablet to your PC and move both zip files on to its internal storage.
– do not unzip the files.
– if you’ve used your Nexus 7 LTE to download the files directly, then you can skip this step.
- Power off the phone now after the ROM and Gapps files are copied on it.
– make sure that you’ve disconnected the tablet from PC.
- Next, boot the device in custom Recovery Mode.
- Create the NANDROID ROM Backup:
– CWM: select ‘backup and restore’.
– TWRP: press Backup option.
– set a filename and confirm process.
- Apply the Factory Reset:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
– TWRP: Press Wipe.
– confirm the process, continue to the next step when done.
- Install Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 ROM for Nexus 7 LTE 2013 now:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: press Install.
– find the PA 4.5 Beta 2 Deb zip file and confirm its installation.
- After the ROM is flashed you can install Gapps using the same options as in step 8.
- Reboot the tablet in normal mode after all files are installed.
– note that the first boot process of this new ROM will take a while before it loads all new elements.
- Use your login details in order to take control over your device once again.
Since you’ve read all of the above you know need to simply test the ROM and see how it’s working with your Nexus 7 LTE 2013.
In case the installation fails, then you should try to repeat the whole guide more than once or ask for extra help using the comments field below.