An Ice Cream Sandwich OS update for the HTC Amaze 4G handsets have been leaked, though we are not talking about the official version of the firmware. HTC announced that an OS upgrade will be soon released therefore until its launch you will have to get and install the software manually. If not, you can just wait and apply the same as usual, meaning that the ROM will be installed automatically (OTA- Over The Air). Anyway, don’t worry, as if you want to get the ICS experience sooner, than you can start following this step by step guide, which will show you how to manually update your HTC Amaze 4G to Android 4.0.3.
Before we start you must know that root access will be required for being able to apply this update. So, go and root your Amaze first. Also, ClockworkMod recovery should be installed on your device. Take notice that once you root the phone the warranty will be void. Be careful in what you do and try not to brick your handset. Just follow this tutorial and everything should be fine. Then, don’t forget to backup the data from your Amaze, as installing the ICS update will demand a full wipe of the system. It’s important to backup the current ROM too for being able to restore it just in case something wrong happens. If you don’t know how to deal with these stuffs just take a look over the list from below and follow the same. Make sure you complete the rest of the operations showed below too, as I have detailed the Pre Requisites; without these preparations procedures you will not be able to succeed.
- Download SMS backup and restore apps for Android.
- Download Call log backup and restore apps for Android.
- Sync with your Gmail account if you want to backup the contact list.
- Learn how to use and install ClockworkMod recovery for backing up and restore the current ROM.
- Use a computer or the SD card for saving other files like video or pictures.
- Make sure the phone’s has enough battery power. The battery status should indicate at least 60% power.
- Deactivate any of the security programs located on your PC or smartphone.
- In your handset enable the USB debugging option: “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”.
Once you complete the up mentioned operations you can safely start applying the Ice Cream Sandwich update on your HTC Amaze 4G. Read carefully and do all as explained in the steps.
How to Update HTC Amaze 4G with ICS Android 4.0.3
- Download the firmware from here; save the file on the computer.
- Connect the smartphone with the PC. Use its USB cord.
- Copy the file downloaded before from the PC to your phone.
- Disconnect the device and turn it off.
- Reboot and enter in recovery mode: press and hold Volume Down button and Power button.
- In the recovery mode menu select to perform a full wipe (Wipe cache partition and Wipe data / factory reset).
- Then select “install zip from sd card” and “choose zip from sd card”; get the firmware file from your phone.
- Wait for the process to end (around 10 minutes).
- The handset will reboot on its own.
Congratulations, you have succeed in manually installing the ICS Android 4.0.3 OS update on your HTC Amaze 4G. The features of the latest version of the Android platform should be running on your device. Do tell us if there were any kinds of issues and we will help you through. Also, share any kinds of opinions related to the Android subject by using the comments area from below.