Update HTC Aria by Installing the MIUI ICS Android 4.0 Custom ROM Firmware
The HTC Aria users can now improve their phone’s performances by updating its operating system. So, if you own this device and if you want to take full advantage of its capabilities you must consider in completing the operation which will be described during the present tutorial. So, as you can already tell, I will show you the easiest way in which you can learn how to update your HTC Aria by installing this new MIUI ICS Android 4.0 custom ROM firmware.
The software has just been leaked, meaning that there are numerous features and capabilities added into the system. And the only way you can enjoy all these is by applying the same on your Android powered handset. A custom ROM, such as MIUI, will not only bring ICS on your smartphone but will also optimize and customize its internal system in order to power up the phone’s performances. As you can see, completing this task is no longer an option for you.
The MIUI ICS Android 4.0 custom ROM firmware is only on its beta stage of developing, therefore there might be some things that are not working as it should (we will discuss about this a little bit later). Furthermore, the OS update isn’t coming straight from HTC and it has nothing to do with the already mentioned company. Unfortunately there are no words about a possible official OS release, so this ROM is all you get.
The HTC Aria was released for the first time on 20 Jun 2010. Regarding its long-happened date the specs are a little bit outdated. The smartphone is having a single core 600 MHz processor, 256 MB of RAM, 512 MB ROM, a 5 MP rear facing camera, a 3.2 inch TFT display and the Android 2.2 version of OS preinstalled. But, despite the fact it is only an entry level handset, you can still “play” with its capabilities. That’s why you must learn how to apply the MIUI ICS Android 4.0 custom ROM firmware.
In order to convince you that I am not messing with you here are the features included on MIUI (beside the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich); you have it all detailed in the image from below, just check it out:
Unfortunately, as stated, there are also some things that are not working properly. Therefore you won’t be able to take full advantage of the camera, gallery, MIUI music player (Partially and will causes FC) and of the web browser, which presented few bugs while running.
Now, another negative aspect is referring to your warranty. Being a custom ROM you need root access for installing it on your Aria. Well, rooting is presuming in unchaining the phone from the factory restrictions. This leads to the fact that you will void the HTC warranty even before applying the OS update. So, if you are not confortable about this, maybe it will be a good idea to stop going any further. In case if somehow you manage to damage the system, or worse wreck it (can happen rarely and only if you don’t follow a how to guide like the one from here) then you will be on your own.
The computer that you will be using must be prepared as well as the phone. You have the things that must be done detailed in the following list. Do that and then return to the tutorial and follow the steps.
- Installing the MIUI ICS Android 4.0 Custom ROM Firmware will wipe the data out from your HTC Aria. Backup its system, along with the apps, messages, data, contacts and what else you need to. In this way you can avoid loosing personal info.
- For the update to be safely applied you must to deactivate the Firewall software form both, the PC and the handset.
- Enable the USB debugging in your phone. For completing this, just go to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. You can enable the USB debugging only when the gadget is disconnected from the computer.
- The smartphone will not stay “alive” unless it is fully charged, so do this first.
- Remember that you need to have a rooted device.
Now you can proceed to the next step of the present guide. The operation was first tested by the xda-developers so we have them to thank. Read carefully, do all as explained during the steps and there shouldn’t be any kind of issues.
How to Update HTC Aria by Installing the MIUI ICS Android 4.0 Custom ROM Firmware
- The first thing to do will be to download the software; go here and get the ICS 4.0 Firmware. Place the tool on the computer.
- Connect the phone with the PC by using its USB cord.
- Copy the file downloaded in step 1 from the computer to your smartphone (remember where).
- Turn off the handset.
- Reboot it by entering in bootloader. This can be achieved by holding down simultaneously the Volume UP Key and the OK button while pressing the Power On button.
- In bootloader enter in recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode menu choose “Flash Zip from SD Card” followed by “Choose Zip from sd card”. The file that contains the ICS firmware should be just there, pick it.
- Once the installation procedure is done you will be back on the recovery mode menu.
- Here, select “+++go back+++” and then “reboot system now”.
- That’s it.
This is the easiest method to follow in order to manually install the Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 operating system along with the MIUI custom ROM firmware on your HTC Aria smartphone. Anyway, if you are not used with these kinds of operations, contact us and share your thoughts. We will do what we can so that you can enjoy the ICS OS on your HTC Aria.