Since the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OTA Update has been released numerous ROM developers begun work on it and now we have the first Jelly Bean 4.3 Custom ROM that can be installed on the HTC One GSM variant. Use this tutorial in order to learn how to successfully update your device in under 10 minutes.
The Android Revolution HD Google Play Edition ROM uses the Android 4.3 and the ROM Update that has been released for the HTC One Google Play Edition smartphone. This is a custom ROM created by “mike1986.” and here are some of its most important features: full rooted, unsecured boot.img, BusyBox installed, Optimized RAM, better virtual memory management, Speed Optimizations, Enable GPU UI rendering, removed all bloatware apps, tweaked data, cache and system partitions mount, no more software CPU rendering as your device will now be able of full Snapdragon 600 GPU rendering, stock kernel, zipaligned, deodexed, auto init.d, improved battery life, tweaked EXT4 performance, openVPN support and others more.
In order to make sure that you successfully update your device using this custom ROM, then you will have to read then guidelines below first and only after that you can begin the installation. Here’s what you need to know:
- Use this post and files listed here only with the International HTC One GSM / LTE (UL), International HTC One GSM (U) and with all the other U.S. carrier HTC One models minus the Sprint one.
- Do not flash this build of Android Revolution HD 3.0 GPe custom ROM for any other Android device, as you will end up bricking it.
- Your HTC One device has to be unlocked, it should be rooted and running a custom Recovery image such as the CWM or TWRP ones.
- This tutorial will work with both CWM / TWRP Recoveries. Also, after you will start the installation of the ROM the AROMA installer will take over and guide through the rest of the process.
- The tutorial will tell you to ‘factory reset’ your device and you shouldn’t skip this process.
- The ‘factory reset’ will remove all system files, while the internal SD card won’t be affected by this process.
- If you want to backup installed apps data then you can use the Titanium Backup application or install Helyum App Sync and Backup by Koushik Dutta from Google Play Store here.
- Backup SMS, Call Logs info and APN Internet Settings using the following tools for Android: SMS backup & restore | Call Logs backup & restore | APN Settings Backup & Restore. You will need to grant root access for some of these apps.
- Also, remember that you have to sync your Contacts info with your default Gmail account.
- Enable USB Debugging from the Developer Options section.
- This guide is for advanced Android users.
- Make sure that you don’t skip any steps that I have listed in the tutorial and read all info before starting the installation.
- Note that we cannot be held responsible in case your brick your GSM HTC One nor in case you lose any important data in the process.
- If you cannot complete the update, then you can always ask for help in comments or you can use the Android 4.3 Custom ROM’s dedicated XDA thread here.
Reading the guidelines above should be enough for you to get an idea on how to correctly setup your smartphone so that the installation of the new ROM to complete without any problems.
How to flash an Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Custom ROM using Android Revolution HD v3.0 for GSM HTC One:
- Download the ROM from here.
> save the zip on your computer without extracting the archived contents.
- When the file is downloaded completely, connect your HTC One with your PC via USB cable.
- Copy the Android Revolution HD Android 4.3 ROM zip to your smartphone’s internal SD card.
> when the file is copied, disconnect the device from PC.
- Power off your HTC One.
- Boot your device into HBOOT mode and then select the Recovery Mode option. Wait for the device to boot into Custom Recovery Mode.
- First thing that you need to do before starting the custom ROM installed is to create a NANDROID backup of your current OS. This will set a restore point for your device:
> CWM Recovery: select ‘backup and restore’ option. Confirm that you want to backup the current ROM.
> TWRP Recovery: press Backup, then select the system parts you want to backup and confirm the process.
- After the Backup is complete you need to apply a factory reset:
> CWM Recovery: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’, then Confirm.
> TWRP Recovery: press Wipe and then Factory Reset option. Confirm this process.
- Now you can flash the Jelly Bean 4.3 – Android Revolution HD GPe custom ROM zip:
> CWM Recovery: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Find the ROM zip file and confirm.
> TWRP Recovery: press Install, browse your smartphone’s internal SD card storage and load the Android Revolution HD 3.0 zip into TWRP. Confirm the installation by sliding to the right the blue button shown at the bottom of the screen.
- Now your device will begin the installation and the AROMA Installer will appear and help you through the rest of the process.
- When the installation is complete your HTC One will boot into normal mode loading all the new Android 4.3 Custom ROM files.
- Enter your Google Account details and take control over your smartphone once again.
- That’s it, you’ve updated the phone and now you’re free to test all the new features and functions that have been installed in the process.
In case the installation doesn’t complete at your first attempt, then you have to repeat the entire tutorial once again, as you might have skipped some steps listed above. If you need any extra help, use the comments section at the end of this post. We will try to come up with a solution for any problem you might encounter in your quest to update your HTC One to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean via Android Revolution HD Google Play Edition custom ROM.
If you don’t like this new OS, then you should restore the HTC One to its previously installed ROM using the Nandroid Backup file created in step 6.