Update HTC One with Maximus7 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Custom ROM
Looking for a stable and fast custom ROM for your HTC One and don’t know what platform to choose? If so, don’t worry as today I will show you how to update your device with the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean based Maximus7 firmware, which is said to be the best ROM that is available for the HTC One so far. The software is provided by those of xda-developers therefore we have to thanks them for the present step by step guide. Anyway, stick to the lines from below for learning how to flash the Maximus 7 OS on your One device.
In case you will not like the present ROM, then you can also check on how to update the HTC One with Orio One, or CM10.1 custom ROMs, these being the best updates released for your smartphone. Anyway, the Maximus7 is based on latest Jelly Bean 4.1.2 OS and comes with Sense 5.0 pre-installed. Furthermore, the software is rooted, deodexed, zippaligned and installed with important features and apps that can be used for improving the performances and the battery life of your HTC One. More about the same can be checked out here, on our source page.
The Sense 5.0 Maximus7 custom ROM is a free aftermarket distribution of the Jelly Bean OS developed by third party devs for the HTC One smartphones, which means that you are not dealing with an official or stock update. This is a custom software based on the stock Android 4.1.2 system that comes with custom looks and features, so don’t expect to receive and install the default Jelly Bean touch on your HTC One. But remember that by flashing this firmware on your phone you will be able to customize, optimize and improve the performances and the battery life, not to mention that the Android experience will be upgraded as the Sense 5.0 UI will be installed.
Now, for being able to update the HTC One with the Maximus 7 custom ROM you will have to previously prepare your handset for the flashing operation that will shortly follow. So, before going any further take a look over the list from below and complete the tasks from there.
- You need to root the HTC One because a custom ROM can’t be installed on a locked device.
- Also, your phone must have S-Off.
- Be aware as by completing the mentioned operations the warranty of your phone will get voided. Unfortunately, this aspect can’t be avoided as you will make changes into the default settings of your device. But, don’t worry because the warranty can be easily restored as soon as you downgrade the HTC One to stock Android Jelly Bean OS, or if you update your handset with an official release of the Android system.
- After gaining S-Off and rooting the system, you need to install a custom recovery image on your One. Without completing this step you will not be able to flash the Sense 5.0 based Maximus7 custom ROM, as a custom software can’t be updated by using the stock recovery that comes pre-installed on all the Android devices.
- It is more than recommended to backup the HTC One data because a wipe of the system will be required. Therefore, if you want to keep your personal info, contacts list, call logs, text messages, market apps and so on, you will have to backup the data. Also, don’t forget to save the current ROM too (you can easily restore it if you don’t like the new software) by performing a Nandroid backup.
After applying the essential pre requisites you need to ensure that a computer or notebook is near you and that you can use your phone and its USB cord. Now, for avoiding the unpleasant situations you will have to: uninstall the security tools (antivirus and Firewall programs) that are running on your computer and handset; enable the USB debugging option on your smartphone; check the battery status of your device and if you notice that there is less than 60% power left charge your phone. If you skip the preparation tasks you will also risk in bricking your HTC One, so do apply all the lines from above before starting the update procedure.
This guide is compatible only with the HTC One so don’t try to follow and complete the tutorial if you have a different device. This version of the Maximus7 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 custom ROM has been developed only for the mentioned handset.
How to Update HTC One with Maximus7 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Custom ROM Firmware
- Download the update file by using the link from here.
- Save the firmware on your computer; don’t extract the file.
- Connect the One with the PC via USB cable.
- Copy the downloaded file from the computer to internal sdcard.
- Unplug the USB cable for disconnecting the devices.
- Turn off the phone.
- Reboot it by pressing on Power and Volume Down buttons at the same time.
- The bootloader mode will be displayed; from there select “recovery”.
- Now, from recovery mode select to wipe the system (do this after backing up the data): “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Return to the main menu and from there select “install zip from sd card” and “choose zip from sd card”.
- Pick the update file you have downloaded before and follow the steps that Aroma installer gives.
- Reboot your phone when the installation procedure ends.
- If your phone will get stuck in a boot loop, reboot into recovery mode and re-wipe the system.
Well done, you have updated your HTC One with the Maximus7 custom ROM firmware. The software is stable, without issues or bugs, so you should find the ROM quite impressive. There are many new apps, features and capabilities installed, so test the same and share your impressions with us. Also, the Sense 5.0 UI along with a custom Jelly Bean 4.1.2 OS should be running on your One therefore is really hard not to like the Maximus7 platform.