MIUI 4 has been launched for the HTC One S device and it is currently in its beta phase but it still comes with enough functions and features. This article will teach you how to apply the new MIUI 4 ROM on One S devices fast and easy.
The new MIUI 4 ROM firmware for HTC One S is currently in beta state and the development continues so that by the end of next month you will be able to install the stable version. There are several functions currently not working like the camcorder and bluetooth. However, these should be fixed when the next release of this ROM will take place. There might some other issues but we didn’t have the time to test the Miui.us 4 v 2.5.11 firmware ROM thoroughly. You can use the comments section to post the bugs and errors you find while running the new firmware.
All the general info about this new ROM was listed above, now you should read the guidelines below and learn how to properly configure your device for the firmware update. Make sure to read the entire preparation guide:
- you should backup the video, audio, text documents and pdf files along with your favorite photos. This needs to be done because the installation of this new ROM requires a full wipe. The files can be moved on your computer and after the update is complete you can easily restore them back on your PC with the USB cable.
- you can backup your applications as a text file list with AppBak for Android. This small application will save the list of your application and after the update is finished you can install AppBak and then launch it an load the saved file. Click the application you wish to restore and then you will be taken back to its Google Play Store page which you can use to download and install it. Here’s the link for the AppBak application.
- your One S device should be rooted and running on an unlocked bootloader with CWM recovery installed. Go HERE and use one of the guides listed to root, unlock the bootloader and install recovery for HTC One S.
- you can save call logs information and text messages using these two programs: Call Logs backup & restore | SMS backup & restore. Both these programs can be used only with Android phones.
- sync your Phone Contacts on Android with your Gmail account. Here’s how to do it.
- APN and MMS settings should be saved, just in case you won’t be able to browse the web after the MIUI 4 ROM installation.
- enable USB debugging.
- make sure that your phone’s battery so that it won’t discharge during the entire process of update.
- the MIUI 4 ROM firmware files found in this post can only be installed on HTC One S smartphones.
These are all the requirements you had to read and now you should move to the tutorial guide. Please note that we cannot be held responsible for any errors or bugs your phone develops after the update. However, the MIUI 4 ROM shouldn’t give you any troubles as its developers said that there aren’t any major bugs and that all basic functions and features will work without problems.
How to update the HTC One S using MIUI 4 Ice Cream Sandwich custom ROM firmware:
- Download the MIUI 4 custom ROM zip firmware file from HERE. Do not extract its contents, just save it on your PC desktop.
- Download Google Apps applications from HERE. This file needs to be flashed and then you will be able to use Google applications like Gtalk, Gmail, Calendar, Google Play Store, Google Drive etc.
- Connect your device to your PC and move both the ROM and Gapps zip files on your One S’ internal SDcard. After you finish copying the files you will need to disconnect the phone and then power it OFF.
- Now, boot into bootloader mode with the ‘volume down’ and ‘power’ buttons pressed simultaneously.
- When in bootloader mode you need to select ‘ recovery’ option and launch it.
- Your One S will boot into CWM recovery. Wait for the main recovery menu to appear and then select ‘wipe data/factory reset’. Confirm its action. That’s why I’ve told you to backup the important files; the wipe data/ factory reset will erase every file from your phone and the only part left unchanged will be the the internal SDcard.
- Select ‘install zip from sdcard’ and then ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Find the ROM zip file and confirm its installation. Wait for this process to complete and when it’s done, move to the next step.
- Now, you have to repeat step 7 only that now you will need to install the Gapps zip file instead of the ROM. This will install the Google apps.
- When both, MIUI 4 ROM and Gapps, install successfully you will need to restart the device and then your One S will perform its first boot with this new firmware.
NOTE: Make sure to apply all the steps above and if you didn’t manage to install the MIUI 4 ROM on your HTC One S then you should use the comments section, listed under this article, to ask for help.