Update HTC One V to ICS 4.0 with My One V custom ROM
Even though there are only a few updates available for the HTC One V users, it seems that things are about to get changed. From what we heard, in the coming days the phone will be able to receive the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean flavor through CyanogenMod 10 custom ROM, followed by other Jelly Bean based ROMs, so finger crosses guys. Anyway, since then, I have another firmware for you: the My One V custom ROM. By flashing this software you will be able to update your HTC One V to the most stable version of ICS 4.0 platform so far.
I know that it’s not Jelly bean, but considering that there aren’t words about an official update and since the CM 10 is still in beta version (many bugs are still included), this might be the perfect opportunity for you. By updating the One V with the My One V custom ROM firmware you will be able to improve the performances of your phone by adding numerous features that cannot be found in the default variant of the Android system. Therefore, take your time, read the next lines and see if this is what you need for your smartphone.
Once you flash the ROM you will notice that the battery life is improved, that you can obtain more power from your handset, more speed and more control over its internal system. Furthermore, the My One V software will customize and optimize the OS, the appearance and the performances. Take note that you will not update your One V with the classic Android platform so don’t expect to see the default features and looks. For making a proper idea about the already mentioned things, here are some of the features which will be flashed on your device.
Now, if you want to update your HTC One V to ICS 4.0, then you should prepare your smartphone and this, because you will not use an official software, so you will have to manually apply the update. For this, you must complete the next operations. In the list from below I have included the pre requisites along with other important aspects; without completing the same you will not be able to install the My One V ROM and worst you can even brick your handset.
- Root the HTC One V before applying the steps from below.
- Then, install a custom recovery image into its system.
- After that, use the recovery image for backing up the current ROM; you will be able to restore it in case something wrong is happening.
- Also, you should backup the rest of the data stored on your phone. For this, use our backup guides from where you can learn what apps to get, from where and how to use them for saving and restoring your personal info.
- If on your device and on your computer (you need to use a computer) there are security programs installed, uninstall or deactivate them.
- From your handset, enable the USB debugging option.
- Finally, charge your HTC One V before completing the steps from the tutorial.
On the list from above there is one particular operation that should arouse your attention. I’m referring to the root task; this is being required because you need to unchain the phone system from the factory restrictions and for being able to install a custom recovery on it. Now, when you gain root access, the warranty will get void. The only way in which you can restore it is by downgrading to the stock ROM, or by updating the One V with an official version of the Android OS. That being told, you can safely head to the proper steps. Take your time and perform the same; just ensure you are applying the operation for a HTC One V device and not for similar ones as you can easily brick them.
How to Update HTC One V to ICS 4.0 with My One V custom ROM
- For the first step, you need to download the update file. The download link is here.
- Save the package on your computer.
- Then, by using the USB cord, connect the phone with the PC.
- Copy the downloaded file to your handset.
- Then, remove the USB cable.
- Turn off the One V.
- Reboot and enter in bootloader.
- For this press and hold on Volume UP Key and OK button while powering on.
- From bootloader choose recovery.
- Now, once in recovery mode, select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”. A full wipe will be performed, so this is why you need to previously backup the data.
- Then, return to the recovery menu.
- This time select “install zip from sd card” followed by “choose zip from sd card”.
- All you need to do is to pick the update file, which you have placed on your phone before.
- Agree and click “yes”.
- Wait until the process ends and don’t press anything.
- In the end, you will be back on recovery.
- Return to the main menu by selecting “+++go back+++” and then select “reboot system now”.
You can now use and run the new ROM on your HTC One V device. That was the how to procedure in which you could learn how to install the ICS 4.0 based My One V custom ROM firmware on your handset, so that should be all for today. If there were problems during the installation procedure, feel free and share the problems with us. Also, do tell us how the OS is performing on your One V. Remember that we will bring further updates for your smartphone (hopefully Jelly Bean ones) so stay close.