If you are looking forward in powering up the performances of your HTC One V smartphone or in changing and improving its appearances, then you are in the right place as I am about to show you how to install a custom ROM into its system. Due to its high end specs you might consider that your One V doesn’t need any kinds of improvements, but you are wrong because, as you will see below, the benefits that comes with a custom ROM are numerous, not to mention the features which will be added. You have it all here, just check it out.
The firmware that I am talking about is named Suprimo and it was developed and fist tested on an HTC One V handset by those of xda-developers, so we have them to thanks for the present step by step guide. The Suprimo Custom ROM firmware will update your One V system with important features and bug fixes, so you have all the reasons for flashing the same. Also, don’t worry as this guide will be easy to apply and completing it will only take a couple of minutes from your time.
This update isn’t coming from HTC, so it’s not an official release coming from the same company. There are no clues about such an upgrade, so if you want to take your phone to a higher level you will have to apply this custom firmware. This aspect can only mean one thing and that is referring to the handset’s warranty. Unfortunately, by flashing the Suprimo custom ROM you will void the One V warranty. That’s why you must be very careful in what you do and you must always follow a tutorial, like this one of course.
If you will want to regain the lost warranty you will then have to re-lock the bootloader of your device, downgrade to the stock software, of update with an official version of Android OS. Of course, by doing one of the enumerated operations, the root access that you have previously gained will be revoked. Those are the negative aspects regarding to a custom ROM, so now let’s take a look over the advantages. First of all, the system will be customized and optimized. Then, you will be able to change its default setting, appearance and gain more battery life, speed and a better Android experience thanks to the features that will be added.
The Suprimo is based on the latest RUU and its major features are including XLOUD enabled, Smooth Scroll tweak enabled, Pre-rooted (start SuperSU on first boot and install binary) and Odexed. We have already talked about other improvements, so that’s all with the ROM’s strengths too. Therefore, now we should be checking the pre requisites. But first, it is recommended to backup the data from your HTC One V internal storage memory. You can go and save the contacts, text messages, internet settings, market apps, call logs, calendar info, images, videos files and so on. You have some how to guides explained here on Android.gs, so check them out in order to perform the best backup operation. But now let’s see the already mentioned pre requisites:
- Apply this guide for the International GSM version of HTC One V.
- The One V should have an unlocked bootloader.
- The handset should also be previously rooted.
- Make sure that the device has more than 60% of its battery power left. If not, charge it.
- Deactivate the security tools that run on your computer and on your smartphone.
- Enable the USB debugging option from your handset.
You are done with the preparation tasks. That means that you are now safe for proceeding to the final section of this tutorial. Follow the steps carefully and tell us if something isn’t working.
How to Update HTC One V with Suprimo Custom ROM Firmware
- Download the update file from here and save the same to your computer or notebook.
- Use the USB cable and connect the device with the PC.
- Copy the downloaded file from step 1 from the computer to your handset.
- Disconnect the phone by removing the USB cord.
- Turn it off.
- Reboot and enter in recovery mode.
- For this you should first boot in bootloader by holding the Volume UP Key and OK button while powering on.
- Select “recovery”.
- From the recovery mode menu choose the following options: “install zip from sd card” and “choose zip from sd card”; pick the file you have placed on your phone before.
- Wait until the flash process is over and don’t press anything until it does.
- In the end, select “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now”.
That was all; it wasn’t hard wasn’t it? Well, the best part is that now your HTC One V is running the SUprimo custom ROM firmware. Give it a try and test the same. See how it works and if you are satisfied by its features and capabilities. Also tell us if there are bugs or things that aren’t working. We will update you with further guides and updates for your HTC One V smartphone, so stay close.