MaximusHD Custom ROM is a new custom ROM that has been released on XDA and it will update the HTC One to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. This is a stock build of Android 4.3 that has been leaked several days ago and you can use this tutorial to learn how to successfully update your device. This is a guide that has to be used by advanced Android users.
This is not an official release by HTC, but a custom ROM that is using a leaked version of the possibly final HTC One Android 4.3 update. That is why this ROM might still feature bugs and errors. Install it only if you wish to take a look at the upcoming new features and other functions that will be released for your HTC One smartphone soon in a more official way. There is no official word on the release of Android 4.3 OTA Update for the HTC One.
Until HTC decides that the One device should get the official update you can test the MaximusHD custom ROM and get an idea on what you can expect from the future release. Test all the new HTC One Sense 5.0 UI and customize the entire device since the new ROM is rooted and you can add multiple new features and apps to improve the device’s performance.
Android 4.3 JB leaked ROM features Sense 5.0, native HTC EQS, Auto-Kernel Flash, APM, OTA Updates, it is rooted, zipaligned, deodexed, support of init.d, tweaked for best performance, fast and stable, option to remove unneeded apps, option to install additional mods, etc. It is fast and stable and its battery life has been improved. You will learn more about it by testing it. In order to successfully flash this new custom ROM on your HTC One, read the guidelines below first:
- This tutorial will work only with the HTC One smartphone.
- Do not attempt to flash this ROM on any other different smartphone as you will end up bricking it.
- The device has to be on an unlocked bootloader.
- In the how-to part of this article you will find a step that will ask you to wipe data/ factory reset the device. Without applying this step, then you will not be able to flash the new custom ROM successfully.
- The contents stored on the internal SDcard will be wiped in the process. So, installed apps data and other similar contents will be removed in the process.
- If you want to backup SMS, call logs info and APN Internet Settings, then you should use the following tools for Android: SMS backup & restore | Call Logs backup & restore | APN Settings Backup & Restore. Root access might be required for some of these tools.
- Sync the saved phone numbers from Contacts with your Gmail account.
- This is a guide for advanced Android users, do not attempt to use this guide in case you don’t know what you’re doing.
- Your phone’s battery should be charged so that the device won’t switch off in the middle of the updating process.
- Do not skip any steps listed in the tutorial.
- If you cannot complete the update, then you can always ask for more help in comments.
Now that you know all of the above, I think that you can continue to the next part of this post and learn how to successfully update your device with this leaked Android 4.3 Stock-based custom ROM.
How to update HTC One to Android 4.3 using MaximusHD Leaked ROM:
- Download the latest MaximusHD Android 4.3 ROM build from here.
- Connect your HTC One with your computer via data USB cable.
- Now move the ROM zip file to your smartphone’s internal SDcard.
- When the file is copied, disconnect the device from PC.
- Power off the HTC One completely.
- Boot it into Bootloader Mode.
- Select Recovery Mode and wait for it to boot.
- First thing that you need to do is to create a NANDROID Backup of your current OS. Use the Recovery option.
- When you’re at the main Recovery screen select the ‘Wipe / factory reset’ option. Confirm this process.
- continue to the next step when the ‘factory reset’ is complete as otherwise the new ROM will not boot.
- Next, select the ‘install zip from sdcard’ option and then find the MaximusHD Android 4.3 ROM zip. Load it into Recovery Mode screen.
- Confirm the installation.
- Follow the AROMA Installer instructions to complete the installation.
- After the install process is complete you should reboot the smartphone.
Enter your Google Account details when the home screen of the new ROM appears. Take control over your HTC One and its new ROM. Now you can start testing and customizing all areas of this new ROM.
In case you cannot complete the update then you can ask for more help in comments. Use the comments section and leave a detailed comment asking for extra help, as we will try to come up with a solution for any type of problem that you have encountered during the updating process.
If you don’t like this new custom ROM, then you can always return your smartphone to its previously installed ROM using the Recovery Mode.
More info about the MaximusHD Android 4.3 Custom ROM and how it works with the HTC One can be found in this XDA thread here. Also, if you find any major bugs or errors while testing it, then you should post them in comments. Keep an eye on our web site as we will release details on the upcoming HTC One Android 4.3 Official OTA Update details.