Finally, the latest Android OS, the Jelly Bean 4.2.1 one can be installed on the HTC One X Plus handsets, all thanks to those of xda-developers who had released the AOKP custom ROM firmware. The AOKP software is being based on the Android 4.2.1 system meaning that most of the default features will be ported to your One X+ along with extra ones, so you can easily power up the performances of your phone by completing this step by step guide. Therefore, if you want to update the HTC One X+ to Jelly Bean 4.2.1 with AOKP custom ROM, then all you need to do is to apply the next procedure.
Now, what you should know before heading to the actual update operation is related to the version of the AOKP software. The present firmware is not yet official and according to our sources not all the AOKP features has been successfully included in this update. But, there are no reported bugs or issues meaning that you will be able to enjoy a stable Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean OS on your HTC One X+ device. Anyway, don’t expect to receive the default Android user interface as the AOKP software will install its own looks and appearance. Beside these everything is working fine and you have nothing to worry about. If you still have doubts about the AOKP ROM, then you can anytime check our source page by going here.
If you want to safely update the One X Plus to Jelly Bean 4.2.1 with AOKP firmware then you will first have to complete the pre requisites. In this way you will be able to prepare your handset for the installation procedure that will shortly follow. Take note as without applying all the lines from below you will not update the One X+ to Android 4.2.1 properly and you can even end up in bricking your smartphone; therefore be careful in what you do and try not to mess things up. That being said we should start the tutorial as there are many things to take care of.
- First of all, be aware because this is considered a complex and risky operation. If you are not paying attention to the steps from below you will not be able to update your HTC One X+ with AOKP ROM.
- Because of that you should begin the pre requisites with a backup procedure.
- I recommend you to save the contacts, messages, call logs, internet setting and everything else you need to because a full wipe of the system will have to be completed (I will show you how a little bit later).
- Then, you must unlock the bootloader and root the HTC One X+.
- You must apply the above mentioned step because the AOKP software will have to access the internal system or else it cannot be installed on your phone. Don’t worry, by rooting and unlocking the bootloader you will provide the mentioned access.
- The warranty will get void as the AOKP software isn’t an update released by HTC for your One X Plus. Furthermore, the same is being developed and offered by third party devs, who had find a way for flashing the Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean OS on your One X+ device.
- The warranty can be restored as soon as you downgrade to the stock ROM or when you decide to update the handset to official Android platform.
- Install a custom recovery image on your phone; this tool will be used for the update operation so you can’t go any further without downloading and flashing the same on your HTC One X+.
Those were the complex tasks. Now, you should also ensure that you can use a Windows running computer, to your smartphone and to its USB cord. On the computer and device deactivate the security tools and options and on the phone enable the USB debugging option by going to “Settings -> Applications-> Development -> USB debugging”. Then, if on your HTC One X+ there is less than 60% power left, charge the battery or else the device might get turned off in the middle of the update operation. Finally, apply the next steps and the tutorial only if you own the HTC One X+ smartphone as the AOKP custom ROM firmware will work only on the mentioned Android based handset.
Update HTC One X+ with AOKP Jelly Bean 4.2.1 Custom ROM
- On the computer you are using download the proper update file and the Google Apps package.
- You can get the AOKP update from here and the Google Apps package from here.
- Connect the smartphone with the computer via USB cord.
- And then copy the downloaded files from the computer to your HTC One X Plus.
- Disconnect the handset and turn it off.
- Reboot in recovery mode by pressing on the Volume Up, OK and Power buttons together. First, the bootloader mode will be displayed, so from there choose “recovery”.
- From the recover menu it’s time to apply the above mentioned wipe.
- So, select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Then, return to the main menu by selecting “+++go back+++”.
- And begin the installation procedure by selecting “install zip from sd card” followed by “choose zip from sd card”.
- Pick the update file first and the do the same for flashing the Google Apps package too.
- In the end, just select “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now”.
- The first boot will take longer than usual, but there is nothing wrong with your phone.
So, that was all that you need to do in order to safely update the HTC One X+ to Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean OS. The AOKP custom ROM firmware is now running on your device, the unofficial version to be more precise, so test the same and see how it performs. Return here and share your impressions with us and with other users who might want to apply this step by step guide. Also, stay close for more tutorials and Android related tips and tricks.