Update HTC One X with Sense 4.1 based ViperX Android 4.2 Custom ROM
If you want the best software for your HTC One X then you surely must download and install the Sense 4.1 based ViperX Android 4.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM firmware. The OS has been developed and provided by the Team Venom from xda-developers and according to the users who had already tested the update, the ViperX ROM is the best custom software released for the HTC One X until now. The platform is stable and will smoothly run on your smartphone, not to mention that there aren’t any bugs or issues into the system.
So, if you want to install this Android 4.2 powered firmware on your One X, then all you have to do is to complete the present step by step guide. You have all the info needed explained during the following lines therefore don’t skip any section of this tutorial. It’s important to prepare your device first, or else you can end up in bricking it. That’s why we will first start with the pre requisites, the proper guide being explained a little bit later (don’t head to the proper steps without performing the pre requisites).
The ViperX Jelly Bean platform will bring many features to your HTC One X along with the latest Sense 4.1, so you will be able to update your phone with the same UI. Now, if you want to read more about this software, or if you want to see the full features list, then you can use the link from here for accessing our source page. If you decide that the ViperX software is what you need, return here and resume the rest of the steps. Be aware though that you will not apply an official OS released by HTC as this is an unofficial port of the Android system.
The aspect mentioned above comes with many consequences. The best way in which you can check the same is by taking a look over the list from below. It’s important to complete the steps from there too or else the Sense 4.1 based ViperX OS will not work on your HTC One X.
- You should start by making a full backup of the system. You must save all the data from your HTC One X because a wipe of the system will be required. So, you should save the contacts, messages, call logs, market apps and everything else you need to. Also, it’s extremely important to backup the current ROM too; if something wrong happens you will be able to restore and use the stock OS.
- Then, you must unlock the bootloader of your phone. Right after that you must root the system, this being the only way for unchaining the internal system. Without unlocking the bootloader and without rooting you will not be able to install the ViperX Android 4.2 custom ROM.
- Once you complete the above mentioned operations the warranty will get void.
- For restoring it you must downgrade or install the stock firmware which is being provided by HTC.
- Up next, a custom recovery image must be installed on your smartphone. You should get and flash the CWM recovery tool.
- On the computer you will use and on the handset deactivate all the security programs because these tools might interfere with our work.
- Go to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging” and enable the USB debugging option.
- Charge the battery of your HTC One X or else the phone might get turned off and you will risk in bricking it. Usually, if there is more than 60% power left you can skip this step.
- Don’t complete this tutorial if you own a similar smartphone with the HTC One X as you will brick your device. This software will work only for the mentioned handset.
How to Update HTC One X with Sense 4.1 based ViperX Android 4.2 Custom ROM firmware
- Use the link from here and download the update file.
- First, save the file on your computer.
- Next, copy the downloaded file to your phone’s SD card.
- Then, turn off the device as the recovery menu must be entered.
- As soon as the recovery mode is being displayed on your HTC One X, use the menu and choose “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition” (this is why you need to previously backup the data).
- Return to the menu by selecting “+++go back+++”.
- You can now apply the update; for that select “install zip from sd card” and “choose zip from sd card”.
- Select the file from the SD card and install the same.
- The process might take a couple of minutes, don’t press anything just wait until it is over.
- In the end select “+++go back+++” followed by “reboot system now”.
- The first boot will take longer than usual, so don’t panic.
Well, that was all. The ViperX Android 4.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM has been successfully installed on your HTC One X. Also, the Sense 4.1 UI has been flashed on your device. You can now test the new OS, so give it a try. If you don’t like it you can use CWM recovery and restore the stock ROM. Use the comments area for sharing your thoughts and impressions with us and with other users.