Update HTC One X Using Android Revolution HD Custom ROM Firmware
Recently, we’ve posted a guide that taught you how to successfully install a CWM Touch Recovery utility on your One X device. Now, you can easily learn how to install and update your HTX One X with a custom ROM by Android Revolution HD package, which has been created by mike1986, a well known android developer.
For the moment, there are only a few custom ROM releases for the One X and here you can find the Android Revolution HD firmware update tutorial guide. In case you don’t wish to use the Revolution HD custom firmware then you might need to wait a while until new releases will be created and posted on our website.
Android Revolution HD provides a better functionality, enhanced user interface, performance and, momentarily, it is one of the most stable custom ROM release for HTC One X. To be sure that you will install/ update the new firmware correctly, you need to read the list of requisites. Here’s what you need to know before applying the updated firmware on your One X:
- this guide works only with the HTC ONE X device. Do not attempt to install Android Revolution HD on any other smartphone model, not even the One X LTE.
- backup the data files such as videos, music, pictures and all the other important documents. Move them to your phones internal SD card or you can choose to upload them to your Dropbox account. Alternatively, you can move these files on your computer’s hard disk.
- if you wish, you can save the SMS text messages and the Call logs using these two apps from Google Play Store: SMS Backup & Restore / Call Logs Backup & Restore.
- to save the Contacts on your phone you need to sync them with your Gmail account by following the instructions listed in this guide here.
- enable the USB Debugging option.
- uninstall or at least disable all the firewalls and antimalware applications on your phone.
- apply all the instructions listed in the tutorial guide.
- make sure that your phone’s battery charge level is over 75%, as this will prevent it from switching OFF during the update.
Please note that you are applying these changes on your own risk and, in case something goes wrong or your data files stored on the HTC One X gets corrupted then we cannot be held responsible for any damage. Make sure that you know to work with recovery mode and that you’ve flashed or updated any Android phone’s firmware files.
Your HTC One X should have its bootloader unlocked. In case it doesn’t the you need to follow the instructions listed here and learn how to successfully unlock it.
Here’s how to successfully apply install and update your HTC One X device using the Android Revolution HD custom ROM firmware:
- Download the CWM Touch Recovery files and install it on your device. Use the instructions listed in this post here.
- Now download the latest edition of Android Revolution HD custom ROM firmware from here.
- Connect your phone to your computer.
- Move the zip package on your phone’s internal SD Card storage. Just place it there, do not try to create a folder withing a folder, just copy and paste it where I’ve told you to.
- Power off the device.
- Boot into bootloader mode by pressing the Volume Down key and then Power button. Use the volume UP/ DOWN keys and select the Recovery option to boot into CWM touch recovery mode.
- It is recommended for your to create a Nandroid backup of the current ROM firmware files running on your One X. This will help you restore it from recovery even if something does go wrong and your phone gets bricked because of the new ROM firmware. Do it, by selecting ‘Backup and Restore’ option from Recovery touch menu, then select Backup and when this process is complete you need to return to recovery’s main menu.
- From Recovery menu you need to select the ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ and then ‘wipe cache’ options and wait until these will be completed.
- Now, select ‘Advanced’ and select the ‘wipe dalvik cache’. When this is complete move to the next step.
- Choose the ‘install zip from sdcard’ option and after that select the ‘choose zip from sd card’ option. Browse until you find the ‘Android Revolution HD custom ROM firmware zip package’.
- Confirm the installation and then wait until the firmware update gets completed.
- When the update is finished you need to select ‘++Go Back++’ and then choose ‘reboot system now’ to restart the One X into its now custom ROM Android Revolution HD firmware. Please note that the first boot into the new firmware will take at least ten minutes and you simply need to wait.
If you notice that the first boot takes too long to load the HTC One X homescreen you will need to long press the Up and Down volume buttons and then, while keeping these pressed you will need to press Power and hold all three buttons pressed until it hard resets your device into fastboot menu. Select ‘factory reset’ and press Power to apply the changes.
However, that means that you will need to repeat the entire tutorial guide and, now, if you carefully apply all the actions listed above then you will surely manage to install the CWM Touch Recovery on your HTC One X.
Use the comments section to post your questions or any tips and tricks that you might have for us and you know that it will help us improve our website.