The HTC One X users can be excited as there is another custom ROM available for their smartphones. Therefore, we will be checking in how to update the One X by installing the newest Charmeleon Custom ROM firmware. So far, this is the most stable version of an unofficial upgrade designed to work on such a device, meaning that you will be able to get the perfect Android ICS experience along with numerous extra features and capabilities that will power up the performances of your phone. More details can be explored below.
There are many updates available for your HTC One X, so before installing a ROM, make sure that you have discovered all the possibilities. Also, for making the right decision, you should first check the list of features included in each firmware; in this way you can never mess things up. You have some step by step guides suitable for the One X handsets here on Android.gs, so go ahead and search for the same. Furthermore, read all the lines from this tutorial for being able to learn all the details regarding to the Charmeleon Custom ROM.
It’s important to know that once you install the Charmeleon Custom ROM firmware on your HTC One X the warranty will get void. This is happening because we are not dealing with an official update released by HTC. In fact we have to thanks those of xda-developer as they were the first to develop and test the software. The ROM is working only for the One X devices don’t try to apply this step by step guide for similar handsets. Furthermore, install the update only if your phone was previously rooted and if it’s a Network unlocked device. Else you can brick your gadget.
Remember that the only way available for restoring the warranty will be if you will make a downgrade, apply the official or default OS, or if you will re-lock the bootloader. If you make one of the up mentioned procedures, then the root access will be revoked. If you will want to root again, you will have to follow a tutorial that is suitable for the new version of OS. In order to put an end to these aspects, here is the Charmeleon features list, check it and see if the capabilities which will be added are satisfying enough for you.
But that’s not all; beside the up mentioned features, your HTC One X will get more speed, you will gain more access to its internal system which can be improved, customized or optimized, the appearances will be changed and a new interface will be added. Also, the battery life will be improved and the RAM memory will be optimized. In a few words all the performances will now be upgraded.
As this is a custom ROM, before flashing the same you will have to take some precautions. And the best way to start this is by protecting your personal info. So, yes, you will have to backup the HTC One X data, contacts, messages, market apps and everything else you need to. I recommend you to use our previous tutorial, as in this way all it will be a lot easier and faster.
- If you want to save the text messages you should download backup and restore apps for Android.
- If the call logs are your concern, then you should use suitable download and restore tools.
- Also, the contacts can be saved too. All you have to do is to learn how to sync with your Gmail account.
- Use the Android cloud for backing up other files.
- Save internet settings.
- The current ROM can also be backed up. You can do this operation by using the benefits of a custom recovery image.
After completing the backup you should concentrate over the pre requisites. Only after this you can start the basic procedure.
- Root the device.
- Gain S-Off on your HTC One X.
- Charge the phone.
- Uninstall the security protection from both the computer and handset.
- On your device, check the USB debugging option. You can do this by going to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”.
Finally we are ready for the proper guide. That means you are almost done as this will the last section of the present guide. Read carefully for avoiding the unpleasant situations.
How to Update HTC One X with Charmeleon Custom ROM firmware
- First of all you should get the update. The download link is here.
- Place the file to your computer.
- Connect the device with the PC by using the USB cord.
- Take the file from the PC and copy it to your phone.
- Remove the USB cable.
- Turn off your smartphone.
- Reboot and enter bootloader: press the Volume UP Key and OK button while powering on.
- From bootloader choose recovery.
- In recovery select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- From the recovery mode menu choose “install zip from sd card” and “choose zip from sd card”; pick the update file.
- Wait (around 5-10 minutes) and don’t press anything.
- In the end select (from the same recovery mode menu) “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now”.
That’s it. You can now enjoy the new ROM as the HTC One X was successfully updated with the Charmeleon Custom ROM firmware. There shouldn’t be any bugs in the system, but if you find something that isn’t working share it with us. Also tell us if you had encountered issues while applying the tutorial and we will try to find solutions for your problems.