Update HTC Sensation with CM10.1 RC2 Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Custom ROM
Your HTC Sensation can now be updated to latest version of Android, the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 firmware as the CM10.1 RC2 custom ROM has been made available for your device. Until now there were only beta variants of the CM10 platform developed for the Sensation, so now you can finally enjoy a stable Jelly Bean system that has no bugs or things that aren’t working properly. Anyway, if you want to give it a try, complete the present step by step guide for learning on how to update the HTC Sensation with CM10.1 RC2 custom ROM software.
CyanogenMod is a free aftermarket distribution of the Android OS meaning that the CM10.1 RC2 is not an official update released by HTC for the Sensation handsets. Actually, the firmware is a custom ROM that comes with its own features, capabilities, apps and looks therefore don’t expect to receive the default Jelly Bean experience. Anyway, the best is that the CM10.1 RC2 software is based on latest Android 4.2.2 OS, which means that you will be able to flash the same on your HTC Sensation.
As mentioned, CM10.1 is coming with extra features that cannot be found in the default version of the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 system. Therefore, by installing the ROM on your HTC Sensation you will be able to power up the performances, gain more speed, improve the battery life, customize the looks and access the internal system of your device. Furthermore, the firmware is stable and will smoothly run on your smartphone; there are no reported bugs or issues.
Now, it is extremely important to apply the prerequisites which are being explained below as this is a complex guide and you first have to prepare your phone for the installation procedure. If you are performing things by yourselves, without consulting my directions, you can risk in bricking your Sensation.
Due to the reasons mentioned above it is recommended to start this update procedure with a backup. Furthermore, as you will see below, for being able to flash the Cm10.1 RC2 JB 4.2.2 OS on your HTC Sensation you will first have to wipe the system of your phone meaning that all of your personal info will be erased. So, save everything you need and also don’t forget to make a Nandroid backup too for saving the current ROM (you can then restore the same if needed).
Considering that you are about to apply a custom ROM on your smartphone it is necessary to first root your Sensation because the CM10.1 software can be installed only on a rooted system. So, before going any further ensure that your handset is rooted. After gaining root access also install a custom recovery image, like CWM recovery, on your phone as you will use the same on the flashing procedure.
Be aware as the warranty will get void; this is happening because you are making changes in the default settings of your device (by rooting) so you can’t avoid the warranty aspect. Anyhow, the warranty can be anytime restored as soon as you decide to downgrade your Sensation to stock Android OS.
Now, a computer with internet access will also be required and your HTC Sensation and its USB cable should be near you; you will use the computer when downloading the firmware file and then you will have to flash the same from your phone (but more about this a little bit later). On your computer and on your handset there should be running any security tools (such as antivirus programs). Your phone must be charged (at least ensure that there is more than 60% power left) and the USB debugging option must be enabled on the same.
A final note: this step by step guide is compatible only with the HTC Sensation device; furthermore, the CM10.1 RC2 custom ROM has been developed and offered by those of xda-developers so we have them to thanks for the present tutorial.
How to Update HTC Sensation with CM10.1 RC2 Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Custom ROM Firmware
- On your computer you need to download the following files: the CM10.1 RC2 firmware file and the Google 4.2.2 apps package as the same is not included in the update file.
- For the software use the link from here while for Google apps go here.
- Don’t extract the files.
- Connect your phone with the computer; use the USB cable for establishing the connection.
- Copy the downloaded files from the computer to your phone’s SD card.
- You can disconnect the handset from the PC.
- Reboot your Sensation into recovery mode.
- By using the recovery mode first select “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvik cache”.
- Return to the main menu and select “install zip from sd card” followed by “choose zip from sd card”.
- Pick the CM10.1 file first and flash the same.
- Then, after installing the update, you also have to apply the Google apps package.
- So, from recovery select “install zip from sd card” followed by “choose zip from sd card” once more; this time pick the Google apps package and flash the same.
- In the end, select “reboot system now” and you are done.
- If your phone gets stuck in a boot loop, reboot into recovery again and select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”; reboot into CM10.1 Jelly Bean 4.2.2 now.
So, that’s it; updating the HTC Sensation to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS by installing CM10.1 RC2 custom ROM isn’t a complicated thing to do, though there are a few things to take care of. Anyway, feel free and share your experience and thoughts with us by using the comments area from below.