HTC Sensation can now be easily update to Android 4.0.3 using the LeeDroid custom ROM firmware. All the info you need can be found in this article. This update installs a completely new custom ROM that is running the Android 4.0.3 firmware. Read the rest of this post and learn how to properly prepare your PC for the updating process.
LeeDroid SuperSensational custom ROM has been created by an XDA developer, LeeDroid, hence the firmware name. This new firmware can be installed on Sensation devices that are rooted with the CWM recovery installed. The latest version of this ROM comes with an updated Kernel Bricked, tweaked features and multiple bugs have been fixed. The LMW and Settings.apk are now combined. A new faster boot animation has been added along with multiple other new fancy tweaks. Before we can start installing this new firmware you will need to prepare your device and this can be done by reading the information I’ve listed below:
- backup all your important files by transferring them to your phone’s internal or external SD card. These parts will be left unchanged. Also, you can choose to move them on your PC.
- this update will wipe all the other data in your smartphone and you should backup your applications, sms and call logs using these particular Android applications: AppBak for saving and restoring Android apps | SMS backup & restore | Call Logs backup & restore.
- Phone Contacts can easily be saved and synced with the Gmail account. If you don’t know how to do it, then you should use this guide HERE.
- backup the APN and MMS Settings so that, in case you won’t be able to browse the internet after the update is complete, you will then be able to restore the correct values.
- Enable USB debugging.
- charge the phone’s battery until it reaches at least %70 power levels.
- for this update to install successfully you will need to have a rooted HTC Sensation with custom recovery and S-Off installed.
- it is recommended that you perform a full backup on your PC using CWM, ROM manager or ROM Toolbox applications. All are available for free from Google Play Store.
That’s all the extra info you had to know in order to correctly prepare yourself for the new custom ROM installation and now you are free to move to the tutorial guide. Don’t skip any steps and make sure to apply all actions listed below. Also, remember that you’re updating your firmware at your own risk and that neither we nor the developer are responsible for any problems your device might develop. Now that you know all of this, then you can move to the ‘how-to’ guide.
How to update HTC Sensation to Android 4.0.3 ICS with LeeDroid SuperSensational custom ROM firwmare:
- Download the ROM zip file from here. Save it on your computer as it is and do not extract its contents.
- Move the zip on your phone’s internal sd card. Now, disconnect the device and power it off as you’ll need to boot it into recovery mode.
- When in recovery move you will need to select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ and confirm this action. Move to the next step when the process is complete.
- Now, select ‘install zip from sdcard’ and then select ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Find the ROM zip file that you moved on your device’s internal sd card at step 2.
- Confirm the installation of the new LeeDroid SuperSensational ICS ROM.
- After the update is complete you will have to select the ‘++Go Back++’ and then ‘reboot system now’.
- Your HTC Sensation will now perform its first boot process on the new ROM which should take at around 5-7 minutes to load successfully. After this, proceed with the configuration of your Google account that you need in order to manage your device.
Please note that in case your device isn’t able to go past the first boot or it gets into a boot loop or, it seems to not be able to load the home screen or if it runs slowly then you will be forced to repeat the entire process once again. This second time you need to make sure that you’ve applied the ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option. If you can’t seem to complete the update then you should ask us for help by posting on our comments section.
If the update has been successful then you’re now free to customize it, install and restore all your favorite applications. Also, you should check the other sections of our website as you should find numerous other useful HTC related articles.