CyanogenMod team has launched the official Nightlies CM 11 based on Android 4.4.3 KK for the LG G2.
Use this entire tutorial if you want to learn how to successfully update your smartphone to a custom Android 4.4.3 ROM like CM 11. This new update comes with tons of features and improvements. Read more about the CyanogenMod team and their work by visiting their web page here.
The build of Android 4.4.3 KitKat CM 11 is a Nightly one which means that it is not a stable release and you might encounter some errors or problems while testing it. Install the new CyanogenMod 11 build only if you’re using it for testing purposes.
Read the guidelines below before starting the installation:
- use this post only with the International LG G2 device model number “d802″.
- do not attempt to update any other smartphones with the files that you will find in this article.
- your device has to be rooted and running the latest version of CWM or TWRP Recovery image.
- both custom Recovery types are supported by this guide.
- make sure that you have the USB Debugging enabled in Developer Options.
- this isn’t mandatory but in case you download the files on your PC, then you will be forced to move them to your device for the installation process.
- in the ‘how-to’ part of this post you will find two extra prep steps: the NANDROID Backup for the already installed ROM and the Factory Reset.
- make sure not to skip these steps.
- if you want to backup some data from installed apps, SMS or other similar files then you can use Helium for Android.
- sync Contacts data with your default Gmail account.
- if you don’t know how to do it, then you can use our tutorial here.
- check the battery power level of your phone and make sure that it is over 50%, this will not allow the device to switch off while you’re installing Android 4.4.3 via CM 11 Nightly.
- use this tutorial only if you are an advanced Android user.
- don’t blame us in case you brick the phone nor in case you lose any data files in the process.
- read this whole guide and make sure not to skip any steps in the process.
Since you’ve gone past all of the above you can now get to the next part of this post and learn how to successfully update your device with a brand new KitKat 4.4.3 CyanogenMod nightly build.
Make sure to use the comments field in case you have problems completing the installation.
How to flash CM 11 Android 4.4.3 Nightly for LG G2:
- Download the latest CM 11 build from here.
- make sure to grab a build that is newer than 12 June 2014.
- Download the Gapps zip for Android 4.4.x ROMs from here.
- Connect the phone to your PC and move both zip files to your LG G2 internal storage.
- if you’ve downloaded the files directly on your phone’s internal sdcard, then you can skip this step.
- Power off the LG G2.
- Now you should boot it into Recovery Mode.
- remember that this guide works with CWM and TWRP recovery types.
- Create a full NANDROID ROM Backup file:
- CWM: select ‘backup and restore’, name the file and confirm backup.
- TWRP: press Backup, set a filename and confirm.
- Apply a Factory Reset for your LG G2:
- CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’. Confirm.
- TWRP: press Wipe, swipe to confirm.
- Now you can flash the new CM 11 4.4.3 Nightly on your LG G2:
- CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
- TWRP: press Install.
- now you should browse your device for the CM 11 Nightly zip file. Load it in your custom Recovery.
- confirm installation.
- After the CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4.3 Nightly ROM is flashed you should repeat step 8 actions and flash Gapps zip, too.
- When all the file are installed with success you can reboot your LG G2 in normal mode.
- note that the first boot process of this new ROM will take a while to complete, which is why you shouldn’t press any buttons until it loads the home screen.
Use your Google Account info in order to take full control over you device once again.
I hope that this guide has helped you complete the updating process of your device and that the CM 11 Android 4.4.3 Nightly ROM runs without problems.
If the installation fails at the first attempt, then you should try to repeat the entire tutorial once again until the process is completed with success. Make sure to read the entire guide and not to skip any steps.