Check the info in this post if you want to find the CM 13.0 Release 1 Stable ROM files that you need to install on your Optimus L90 device.
The CM 13.0 Release 1/ SNAPSHOT custom ROM is a stable custom ROM build designed by the CyanogenMod team. It is based on the AOSP Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow releases and you should be getting all the stock Marshmallow major features, as well as the whole ton of great CM-designed customizations and other functions.
Read more about this release here at CyanogenMod’s blog post. Before starting the installation of the CM 13.0 Stable ROM you should read the following guidelines:
This tutorial has to be used by advanced users only. Do not blame us if you brick the phone nor in case you lose any sensible data files.
Use the tutorial only for the LG Optimus L90 smartphones.
Your phone has to be rooted and a custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP should be installed on it.
The installed custom Recovery has to be upgraded to its latest version, so that it supports the newest Android 6.0.1 custom ROM builds.
In the ‘how-to’ part of this post you can find two extra preparation steps like the NANDROID Backup and the Factory Reset ones. Do not skip these steps.
The NANDROID Backup creates the restore point for your device. It can be used to repair your device in case the new CM 13.0 ROM doesn’t boot in normal mode.
The Factory Reset process wipes clean the system partition, but it won’t delete any data from internal storage.
Factory Resetting the device allows your device to boot after the old custom ROM is removed.
If you need to save data from installed apps you can use the Helium tool for Android.
Check the whole tutorial and do not skip any steps.
How to flash CM 13.0 Stable Android 6.0.1 ROM for LG Optimus L90:
- Download CM 13.0 SNAPSHOT ROM zip from here.
- Download Gapps for CM 13.0 ROMs from here.
- Transfer both zip files directly to your Optimus L90 internal storage.
– after the files are copied you can disconnect the device from computer.
– do not unzip the files.
- Power off the phone and boot it in Recovery Mode.
- First you have to setup the NANDROID Backup for the ROM that’s already installed on your device:
– CWM: select ‘backup and restore’ and for TWRP custom Recovery open the ‘backup’ menu.
– select the files to backup and confirm process.
- Now you can factory reset the Optimus L90 device:
– CWM – wipe data/factory reset.
– TWRP tap on ‘wipe’.
– confirm the factory reset and continue to the next step.
- Now you can begin the installation of CM 13.0 Stable ROM:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: select ‘install’.
- Find and load the CM 13.0 zip file. Confirm installation and do not press any buttons until the installation is done.
- After the custom ROM is done flashing all of its files you can install the Gapps zip, too.
- Reboot your phone in normal mode after all the new files are done installing on your device.
If you need any extra help completing the tutorial, then you should tell us in comments.
If the CM 13.0 installation fails you can repeat the whole tutorial more than once, but make sure that your device meets all requirements and that you won’t be skipping any steps.