The LG Optimus One has received a new custom ROM that is based on CM10 and Jelly Bean 4.1.1 and now you can use the instructions listed in this article to learn how to successfully flash all the new ROM files on your device. Make sure that you read all the instructions that I have listed and only if you’re sure that you know what you’re doing, you should avoid this guide.
You will manage to flash this CM10 Crystal ROM on your LG Optimus One only if it’s rooted and running a CWM recovery image. In order to correctly apply this custom ROM based on CM10, then you should read the preparation guide below. These guidelines will help you correctly configure your device so that you’ll manage to install CM10 Crystal ROM. In case you cannot complete the update or you have trouble understanding the instructions that I’ve listed, then you should ask for help in comments.
This new custom ROM will remove the bloatware, it will improve the overall performance of your Optimus One device, brings new customization features, less lag etc. Since this release is based on Stock Android and CM10, then it means that the LG camera and gallery apps will not be present in this ROM and, you will use instead different versions of them. Now that you know all this, move to the preparation guide below and make sure that you move to the tutorial only when you’re sure that you know what you’re doing.
Here’s what steps you need to take in order to successfully flash the Crystal ROM Jelly Bean 4.1.1 for LG Optimus One device:
- Install this custom ROM only on the LG Optimus One with the model number P500, P505, P506 or P509. Do not attempt to install it on other devices as it won’t work. Check your Optimus One model number by opening Settings, then About Device menu. If the phone’s variant is supported by CM10 Crystal ROM then you can continue reading the rest of this article’s instructions.
- This ROM can be installed only on devices that are rooted and running CWM Recovery or TWRP recovery image. Without these requirements being met, you won’t be able to complete the tutorial.
- Create a NANDROID backup of your current ROM so that in case something goes wrong, you will still be able to restore your device to a working state. You can create full ROM backups using CWM / TWRP Recovery, ROM Manager, ROM Toolbox or any other similar tool.
- Backup your SMS, Call Logs and the APN Internet Settings using the following Android applications: SMS backup & restore | Call Logs backup & restore | APN Settings Backup & Restore. These apps will work with rooted devices.
- Save a list of your installed applications using AppBAK application for Android.
- Sync the Phone Contacts saved with your Gmail account using this guide HERE.
- Enable the USB Debugging from your Android Development options.
- Make sure that your phone battery is charged so that the power level is over 50%. This will prevent the device from powering OFF during the installation of this new ROM.
- This tutorial is for advanced users. Read the entire post and only after you’re sure that you know what you’re doing, you should start to apply the tutorial instructions.
- We cannot be held responsible in case you damage your phone or you lose any important data. You can choose to move all important files onto your computer.
- In case you cannot complete the installation, then you should ask for our help in comments.
That’s all the extra info you had to read before beginning the update of your LG Optimus One. Move to the next part of this post and make sure that you don’t skip any of the steps listed in the tutorial.
How to install CM10-based Crystal ROM Jelly Bean 4.1 on LG Optimus One
- Download the CrystalROM zip file HERE. Save the file on your computer without extracting its contents.
- Download the Gapps for Jelly Bean package HERE. Do not extract the contents of this zip.
- After the downloads are complete, you should connect the LG Optimus ONE to your PC. Move the ROM and the Gapps file on its internal sdcard.
- When the file transfer is complete you need to disconnect the device the PC and then power off the Optimus One. Boot into CWM Recovery mode. Do it by holding pressed the ‘Home’, ‘Volume Down’ and the ‘Power’ buttons. When the CWM Recovery mode loads, you should move to the next step.
- Select ‘backup and restore’ menu to create a Nandroid backup of the existing ROM. In case you already made a backup before moving to this guide, then you can skip this step and move to the next one.
- Now select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option and confirm this action. The data stored on the internal SD card won’t be deleted.
- Next, select ‘install zip from sdcard’ and after that select ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Find the Crystal ROM zip and confirm its installation. Note that the phone might restart and boot in CWM recovery again. When the custom ROM is successfully installed you should return to the main recovery menu.
- Select again ‘choose zip from sdcard’ and after that you should flash the Gapps for Jelly Bean zip.
- Now that the ROM and the Google Apps files were installed you should return to the main recovery screen. Select ‘reboot system now’ option and wait for the phone to perform its first boot with this new ROM.
- Enter your Google Account details when the CM10 Crystal ROM Jelly Bean 4.1.1 loads successfully. That should do it, this is the last step you had to atke in order to update your phone.
I hope that you’ve managed to complete the update and that you’ve managed to install all the new CrystalROM files. In case you hit any roadblocks then you should ask for help in comments.
Note that the ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ action, step 6, is mandatory and you shouldn’t install the ROM without applying it. If you don’t like this new ROM, you should use the Nandroid backup file and restore the previous Android installation. For other helpful LG Optimus One guides, please click the device’s name under this article’s featured photo.