The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE smartphone now can be updated to Android 4.4.2 XXUFNF4 KitKat Official firmware using the instructions that I have listed in this article.
With this new update you will get the Download Booster, Kids Mode, Knox 2.0, white status bat KitKat icons, better multi-tasking and much more features that will improve your phone’s performance. If you want to learn more about this release you will have to read our news article here.
There are numerous tweaks and improvements that should enhance your phone’s battery life along with multi-window support for tons of new applications from Google’s Play Store. This Kitkat upgrade might possibly be one of the best things that you could ever hope to install on your phone. If you’re uncomfortable installing the update manually, then you can wait until Samsung rolls out the new firmware OTA in your region.
In order to be able to complete the update on your phone you will first need to take a look at the preparation guide below:
- use this guide only with the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 model number SM – N9005 device.
– check the model number of your device under Settings> About Device.
– do not attempt to update any other smartphones with the files that you will find in this article.
- install the Samsung USB Drivers for your PC.
– without these drivers you cannot connect your Note 3 to your computer.
– we will use the Odin tutorial for this updating process and the USB Drivers allows it to connect to your PC.
- disable the Samsung KIES and any antivirus app from running on your PC.
- enable USB Debugging from Developer Options.
– if the Developer Options menu isn’t listed in Settings, then you will have to enable it first.
-if you don’t know how to enable Developer Options nor USB Debugging on your phone, then you can use this guide here. That’s a guide for Galaxy S5, but it works with all Samsung devices.
- in case your Note 3 is rooted this update will revoke root access.
- if the phone has a custom ROM installed on it, the update process will remove all data from its system partition.
– after you apply the installation of this update over a custom ROM you will also need to apply a ‘factory reset’.
– if you want to save any data in the process you will have to use the Helium for Android app.
– sync Contacts and People details with your default Gmail account.
- don’t blame us in case you brick the phone nor in case you lose any data in the process.
- this post should be used by advanced Android users.
- read the entire tutorial and don’t skip any steps.
- check the battery level of your device and make sure that it is over 30%.
Now that you know all of the above you can continue to the next part of this post and learn how to flash the new KitKat build for your Note 3 N9005.
Flash the Android 4.4.2 N9005XXUFNF4 for your Galaxy Note 3 LTE:
- Download the N9005XXUFNF4 firmware zip from here or here.
- Extract the contents of the zip file and save them on your PC.
– you will obtain a N9005XXUFNF4 tar.md5 file, so you shouldn’t extract any further than that.
- Download Odin3 v3.09 from here.
– extract all files from the zip and save them all in a folder on your computer.
- Switch off the Note 3 completely.
- Boot your device in Download Mode.
- Open the Odin3 v3.09 exe on your PC.
- Use your USB Data Cable and connect your device to computer.
– wait for Odin to detect your smartphone and then continue with the installation.
– if your Note 3 isn’t detected by your PC, then you will have to re-install the USB Drivers – there’s a link listed in the preparation guide above.
- Next, go to Odin screen and click the AP button.
- Find and Load the N9005XXUFNF4 tar.md5 file in Odin.
– disable the ‘Re-Partition’ option in Odin.
– don’t edit any other default Odin settings.
- Hit the START button and then wait for the updating process to complete.
– don’t press any buttons until the new ROM is flashed with success.
- After the update is complete you will see your Note 3 LTE rebooting in normal mode.
- Use your Google / Samsung account info and take control over your device once again.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to complete the installation of a new Android 4.4.2 KitKat official ROM for your Galaxy Note e N9005 phone.
If the update was completed with success, then you can close this post and start testing all of its new features and tools.
If you found any errors or bugs while flashing this new ROM or in case your phone isn’t able to boot to normal mode, then you should read the extra notes below. You might find solutions to your problems and complete the guide with our help.
NOTE 1: if Odin says that the process has failed, your device enters into a boot loop or it freezes during update, then you should try and repeat the entire post more than once. Make sure that in case you decide to repeat the guide, then you will not skip any steps and that you will read all guidelines again before starting the update.
NOTE 2: If your Note 3 LTE doesn’t boot in normal mode, not even after twenty minutes since ODIN displayed the ‘PASS’ alert, then you will be forced to apply a full Factory Reset.
A ‘Factory Reset’ for your Note 3 LTE is require also if you had previously installed a custom ROM on your device or, in case it booted in normal mode but it displays way to many ‘force closing’ errors. Here’s how to apply the Factory Reset for your Note 3, so that it will successfully boot in Android 4.4.2 XXUFNF4 ROM:
- switch off the device completely.
- boot your phone in Recovery Mode now.
- choose ‘wipe data/ factory reset’, confirm process.
- return to main recovery screen.
- reboot phone in normal mode.
- use your Google or Samsung account info and log into your device’s brand new ROM home screen.
If you encounter any extra problems or in case your device refuses to boot, then you can ask for more help in comments.