The Google Nexus 7 Wi-FI 2013 tablet model has received the latest stable build from Paranoid Android 4.4 ROM. If you want to learn how to successfully install it on your device, then you should make sure to read this entire post.
With the new custom ROM you will get the basic Android 4.4.4 features, but the best thing that you will get are all the extra Paranoid Android features like: hover, peek, theme engine and others more.
In order to start the installation process you will first need to take a look at the preparation info below:
- use this guide only with the Nexus 7 Wi-Fi 2013 edition.
- don’t attempt to update any other devices with the files that you will find in this post.
- your tablet has to be rooted and running the latest CWM / TWRP Recovery.
- also, the Nexus 7 WI-Fi 2013 model should be rooted.
- read the whole guide and do not skip any steps.
- in the first steps of the tutorial you will find the step that tells you to apply a factory reset and you shouldn’t skip that process.
- in case you want to save some data from your tablet’s installed apps, SMS text messages and any other file then you can use Helium.
- you can also choose to sync Contacts info with your default Gmail account.
- this is a tutorial that has to be applied by advanced Android users.
- do not blame us in case you lose any data nor in case you end up bricking your tablet’s firmware.
- check the battery charge level and make sure that it is ove5 50%, this will prevent your tablet from switching off in the middle of the installation.
- enable USB Debugging from Developer Options.
Since you’ve read all of the above now you can continue to the installation part of this post.
How to flash Paranoid Android 4.4.4 Final ROM for Nexus 7 Wi-Fi 2013:
- Download the PA 4.4 Final ROM zip from here.
- Download Gapps zip for PA ROMs from here.
- Connect your tablet to your PC via USB cable and move both zip files to your its internal storage.
- After the files are copied you can disconnect the device from PC and then power it off.
- Boot your tablet in Recovery Mode.
- both CWM and TWRP are supported by this guide.
- Create a full NANDROID ROM backup for the OS that you have currently installed on your tablet.
- CWM: select ‘backup and restore’, name the file and confirm process.
- TWRP: press Backup, set a file name and confirm.
- Apply a Factory Reset for your tablet.
- CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ and confirm process.
- TWRP: press Wipe and swipe to apply this step.
- Now you can flash the new ROM:
- CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then choose zip from sdcard.
- TWRP: press Install.
- find the ROM file and confirm the installation.
- After the ROM is installed you can use the same actions as in step 8 and flash Gapps zip.
- When all the files are flashed you should return to the main custom Recovery screen.
- Reboot the tablet now in normal mode.
- note that the first boot process of this new Paranoid Android 4.4 Final ROM will take a while to complete which is why you shouldn’t press any buttons until the process is complete.
- Use your Google account info in order to take control over your device.
These were all the steps that you had to follow in order to complete the installation of the latest final and stable build of Paranoid Android 4.4.4 ROM for your Nexus 7 2013 Wi-Fi tablet.
In case you cannot complete the installation at your first attempt, then you should try to repeat the entire post more than once, also make sure that you will not skip any steps in the process.
If the boot process of Nexus 7 with Paranoid Android 4.4.4 fails to complete or the device enters into a boot loop despite the fact that you’ve applied a Factory Reset, then you will need to apply the ‘format /system’ action from the Recovery Mode menu.