The latest Nougat update is available for the OnePlus 3T. The new Oxygen OS 4.0.1 firmware is currently OTA rolled out but it seems that not all the users are receiving their Android notification yet. So, if you are tired of waiting you can resume the lines from below in order to learn how to manually flash the new Oxygen OS 4.0.1 software on your own OnePlus 3T. Read the following guidelines for further details and for checking the detailed flashing process.
Oxygen OS 4.0.1 is the official Android Nougat update that is available for the OnePlus 3T. The ROM, as an OTA release, can be received only if your phone is already running on stock firmware and only if root access isn’t ensured. In any other situations you will have to complete a manual update procedure. Well, this tutorial will show you how to install the new Oxygen OS software even if your OnePlus 3T is rooted or tweaked in any other manner.
All the steps from this tutorial are official ones. The update operation that will be explained below is supported by your OEM so you have nothing to worry about. Shortly, you don’t have to use third party apps for completing the Nougat flashing process and you won’t risk anything else – the warranty of your OnePlus 3T will not be void.
Also, the steps from below can be used as dedicated troubleshoot solutions. Installing the full Oxygen OS 4.0.1 OS can fix software related issues as the Android core system can be now refreshed. Thus, now you can remove malware, you can get rid of malicious apps, inappropriate tools and basically you can fix any malfunction: such as boot loops, lags, bugs, force close errors, battery drain, screen freeze, signal strength problems, heating situations, total blackouts and so on.
Usually, during an official update operation you don’t have to deal with backup operations as your data should be already in safe hands. However, since you will complete a manual flashing process, the best will be to save everything that you might use afterwards. The easiest way in which you can store your personal data, info, accounts and files is by choosing to sync everything with your Google Account. In addition, you can also manage built-in cloud storage services and you can download dedicated backup and restore apps from Google Play.
Of course, the root access will be revoked if you will complete this guide. Actually, by manually flashing the stock Oxygen OS 4.0.1 you will restore your OnePlus 3T back to its default state. Mainly you will relock its system and reinstall all the factory and default restrictions.
As you will see there are two different ways in which you can apply this Android Nougat update operation. But, before choosing a certain update procedure you first have to ensure the essential pre requisites:
- A computer is required – this is a manual update operation which can be applied if you can use a computer or a notebook.
- On this computer install the OnePlus 3T drivers.
- On the same computer flash Android SDK: check how to install Android SDK on Windows or how to set up ADB on MAC OS X / Linux.
- On your phone become a developer – tap on Menu, go to Settings and from About Phone tap repeatedly on Built Number: the ‘you are a developer’ message will be prompted.
- Access the recently gained developer options (from “menu -> settings”) and select the USB Debugging option.
- Check the battery status on your handset. If the power is too low (lower than 50%) plug in the charger.
- If your OnePlus 3T runs low on battery chances are it will get switched off while the Nougat update operation is still running – try to avoid that situation as you can end up in soft bricking your device.
- The bootloader of your smartphone must be unlocked.
How to Manually Update OnePlus 3T with stock Oxygen OS 4.0.1
- Download the ROM file from this page and save it on your computer.
- Connect your device with your PC and transfer this file on your smartphone.
- Download TWRP recovery from here.
- Place this package in the same folder as Android SDK.
- From the same folder open a cmd window: press and hold the Shift keyboard key while right clicking on any blank space.
- Power on your smartphone.
- Connect your phone with your computer with the help of the USB cable.
- In the cmd window type “adb devices” – your OnePlus 3T must be listed there; if not, reinstall its drivers on your PC and then repeat the process.
- Next, in the cmd window enter: “fastboot flash recovery recovery_name.img”.
- TWRP recovery will be now installed on your phone.
- Now, access recovery mode; from recovery tap on Install and select the ROM file.
- Swipe in order to resume the update operation.
- When done, make a wipe – select “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvik cache”.
- In the end, from main menu of recovery tap on Reboot.
- Download the ROM file from above and save it on your computer.
- Then, transfer this update package on your smartphone.
- On your computer navigate towards the Android SDK folder and open a cmd window.
- Connect your OnePlus 3T with your computer.
- In the cmd window type “adb reboot recovery” – recovery mode will be automatically rebooted on your handset.
- Now, in the cmd window enter: “adb sideload ROM_name.zip”.
- That’s all; the Oxygen OS 4.0.1 firmware will be automatically installed on your handset.
Perfect. You are done meaning that you can now boot and use the Oxygen OS 4.0.1 firmware on your own OnePlus 3T. Enjoy.