The Nightly version of AOKP custom ROM has just been released and currently the Android 4.4.4 KitKat based software is being available only for Google Nexus 7, Galaxy S4 Mini and Oppo Find 7a. Well, during the present step by step guide I will address to the Oppo Find 7a users as we will be checking on how to install AOKP 4.4.4 Nightly on the same. Therefore, if you want to update your smartphone to the latest version of Android KitKat firmware, don’t hesitate and check the following guidelines.
AOKP is one of the best custom ROMs designed for the Android system. Along with firmwares like CM11 or ParanoidAndroid, AOKP brings great features, apps and capabilities that cannot be found in the default version of KitKat software, thus you can use these platform for customizing, optimizing and improving the performances and the looks of your Android based device. Well, now you can do the same for your Oppo Find 7a, which can be easily installed with the Nightly release of AOKP custom ROM, which is currently based on stock Android 4.4.4 KitKat OS.
Of course, we are dealing with a custom ROM, which is not an official Android update released by Google or in our case by Oppo. Therefore, the update is only based on official KitKat platform, as in fact AOKP is developed and offered by third party devs and represents a free aftermarket distribution of Android 4.4.4 firmware. Moreover, due to same reasons, installing AOKP on Oppo Find 7a is also an unofficial operation which mean that by completing this tutorial you will lose the warranty of your phone – don’t worry though as the flashing process can be easily and safely completed even by a newbie that is on his first update experience.
Now, according to those who have already tested the Nightly AOKP 4.4.4 KitKat custom ROM, the firmware works without problems, issues or lags on the Oppo Find 7a. There are no bugs reported and all the features and apps are working without force close errors. Furthermore, the ROM is fast and provides great possibilities such as: you can customize and optimize the internal system for bumping the speeds, for improving the battery life, for personalizing the looks, for upgrading the web browsing experience and the Android UI, for removing bloatware and in built programs and lot more. Basically, with AOKP installed you will be able to power up the performances of your Oppo Find 7a with ease.
If you have decided to flash this custom ROM by using this tutorial, you should know that first you will have to complete the pre requisites tasks that are being detailed during the following list – don’t skip this section as it is the most relevant one (if you mess things up, then you can end up in damaging or in soft bricking your Android smartphone).
- Root your Oppo Find 7a – a custom ROM can be installed only after removing the factory and default restrictions from your phone, which can be achieved by gaining root access.
- Install CWM recovery on your Oppo Find 7a (or any other custom recovery image) – the firmware will be flashed via CWM recovery, while you will have to prepare your phone by using the same tool.
- These are unofficial operations, so use compatible tutorials in order to safely complete the same – just keep in mind that your warranty will be void and you can end up in bricking your phone if you are following incompatible step by step guides.
- Backup your data – you will have to wipe the system and clear cache, which means that everything that’s saved on the internal storage of your handset will be erased.
- So, backup your contacts list, call logs, text messages, internet settings, market apps, audio files, images, movies along with your personal data, info and accounts.
- Also save the current ROM by making a Nandroid backup because, if you will not like the AOKP Nightly Android 4.4.4 KitKat OS, you will probably want to restore your old OS.
- Make sure that you can use a computer, laptop or notebook as you will have to download some files on the same – also a connection between your Oppo Find 7a and your computer will have to be established at some point so your phone’s USB cord should also be near you.
- On your PC temporarily disable the antivirus and any other security protection and on your handset from “menu – settings – developer options” enable the USB debugging option.
- I recommend you to charge your device before going any further – if your device gets turned off in the middle of the update operation, it might also get bricked.
- It should be clear for you by now that this step by step guide is compatible only with the Oppo Find 7a, so use the steps from below for installing Nightly AOKP Android 4.4.4 KitKat custom ROM only if you own the mentioned Android smartphone.
How to Update Oppo Find 7a to Android 4.4.4 with AOKP Nightly Custom ROM Firmware
- Go to this page and from there download the latest version of AOKP on your computer.
- Place the update on desktop and don’t unzip the same.
- Then connect your smartphone with your computer – use the USB cord for establishing the mentioned connection.
- Up next, transfer the file from desktop to your phone and in the end remove the USB cord.
- Turn off you handset – press power button and select “power off” or press and hold power key for about 15 seconds.
- Then, enter recovery mode on your Android device.
- From recovery the first thing to do is to wipe the system and to clear cache; so select “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache”.
- Then return to main menu of recovery and from there select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose zip from SD card”.
- Pick the AOKP firmware file and install the same on your Oppo Find 7a.
- In the end, from main menu of recovery select “reboot system now” and you are done.
- If your phone gets stuck in a boot loop, go back to recovery and from there select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
Congratulations, you now know how to update your Oppo Find 7a to Android 4.4.4 KitKat OS. AOKP Nightly has been successfully installed on your smartphone so now you can test the new custom ROM in order to see how it works for you. If there are problems, or if you have something to share with us, don’t hesitate and use the comments filed from below in that matter.